Yesterday, Team Cherry finally revealed Hollow Knight: Silksong. What we thought was only going to be (paid) DLC is actually a full-fledged sequel! It’s been in development for over a year, since the initialy PC release of Hollow Knight back in February. The thing is, it was indeed going to be released as DLC, but the developers realised that it quickly became too large and too unique to stay as mere additional content.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some pictures for the game:
As Hornet, princess-protector of Hallownest, adventure through a whole new kingdom haunted by silk and song. Captured and brought to an unfamiliar land, Hornet must battle foes and solve mysteries as she ascends on a deadly pilgrimage to the kingdom’s peak.
Hollow Knight: Silksong is the epic sequel to Hollow Knight, the award winning action-adventure of bugs and heroes. As the lethal hunter Hornet, journey to all-new lands, discover new powers, battle vast hordes of bugs and beasts and uncover ancient secrets tied to your nature and your past.
- Discover a whole new kingdom! Explore coral forests, mossy grottos, gilded cities and misted moors as you ascend to the shining citadel at the top of the world.
- Engage in lethal acrobatic action! Wield a whole new suite of nimble moves as you dance between foes in deadly, beautiful combat.
- Craft powerful tools! Master an ever-expanding arsenal of weapons, traps and mechanisms to confound your enemies and explore new heights.
- Solve shocking quests! Hunt down rare beasts, unearth ancient mysteries and search for lost treasures to fulfil the wishes of the downtrodden and restore the kingdom’s hope. Prepare for the unexpected!
- Face over 150 all-new foes! Beasts and hunters, assassins and kings, monsters and knights – defeat them all with bravery and skill!
- Experience a stunning orchestral score! Hollow Knight’s award-winning composer, Christopher Larkin, returns to bring melancholy melodies, symphonic strings and heart-thumping, soul strumming boss themes to the adventure.
- Challenge Silk Soul mode! Once you conquer the game, test your skills in an all-new mode that spins the game into a unique, challenging experience.
At launch, Hollow Knight: Silksong will be released on Nintendo Switch, alongside PC. If you’re a backer, you will be able to get a free copy of the game on PC. That’s right: completely free. No strings attached! And if you pledged at least AU$10, then you will be able to choose between PC and Nintendo Switch version at launch. Higher tiers will receive multiple copies of the game, Nintendo Switch version included.
Finally, Team Cherry revealed that Hollow Knight has been “played by over 2.8 million people”, which is a mighty impressive result for any game, let alone an indie title.
Hollow Knight: Silksong (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Team Cherry