2018 has just begun, but new indie game announcements for the Nintendo Switch are already coming through. Yesterday, Spotted Shark Studio announced they were bringing Grave Danger to the Nintendo eShop, and more precisely the Ultimate Edition.
Described as the spiritual successor to The Lost Vikings, Grave Danger: The Ultimate Edition is an action-packed adventure game, where you get to control an unlikely group of heroes:
- Dante the cowboy
- Elliot the wizard
- Malice the repear
You can switch between each character, and use their different abilities to solve puzzles and find your way out. You can choose to play in Single Player, or bring friends and try to solve the puzzles in co-op (for up to 3 players, each one controlling one of the 3 characters). The game can be fully played in either mode, so no need to worry if you don’t have anyone to play with, or prefer to play the whole game in co-op.
The Ultimate Edition of Grave Danger features 10 new levels, with “tons” of new mechanics: tippy platforms, firewalls, rideable robotic bird, and more. There’s also various bug fixes and enhancements to existing levels.
Here’s a trailer for the original version of the game, as well as the list of key features:
- 30 levels (With update) Full Controller & Big Picture support.
- 3 unique characters all with different attack and jump abilities.
- 3 unique worlds with different enemies for each.
- The 3 worlds feature different kinds of puzzles.
- Player gets a grade at the end of each level prompting them to re-play for a higher grade.
collectibles in every level in the form of wanted posters.
- When a player dies, they return as a ghost and must return to their graveyard (checkpoint) to revive.This allows more mobility giving them the ability to explore in this form.
- 10 new levels for a total of 30 levels (Ultimate Edition)
- UI Overhaul on level selection screen (Ultimate Edition)
- Turrets that fire purple projectiles that harm characters (Ultimate Edition)
- Turrets that fire green projectiles that players can use as a bounce pad (Ultimate Edition)
- Platforms that rotate depending on which end the player stands (Ultimate Edition)
- A rideable bird that jumps and can run over spikes and other hazards (Ultimate Edition)
Grave Danger: The Ultimate Edition (Switch – eShop) will be released in Q3 2018 in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Spotted Shark Studio PR