Flowstone Saga is the latest game from Impact Gameworks, the developers of Tangledeep. It’s a 16-bit JRPG featuring an intriguing story, a unique battle system that allows you to switch between turn-based and real-time battles at will, handcrafted areas with gorgeouys pixel art, various customization options, and more. It will launch on Nintendo Switch sometime in 2023.
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
if you want to see more of the game, make sure to check out the livestreams during the Steam Next Fest at 10AM PT / 1PM ET / 6PM BST / 7PM CEST / 2AM JST on the following days:
Speaking of the Next Fest, a PC demo for the game is currently available for download for a limited time!
And here’s some more details, the list of key features, and some more screenshots for the game:
Play as a spunky heroine as she builds her party and home – finding her place in the world. With an innovative twist on combat, Flowstone Saga allows players to choose at will between turn-based and real-time combat – skillfully making use of puzzle mechanics to shake things up. Tactical thinking triumphs over pirates, giant beetles, and at least ONE axolotl! Fans of classic SNES and PlayStation RPGs will feel right at home as they explore, build, fight, and cast their way through the mysterious world of Ocean’s End.
- Gorgeous pixel art with painstakingly handcrafted areas sprawling across multiple biomes
- An epic story grand in scope, but with plenty of heart and charm
- Designed with accessibility in mind – with multiple difficulty options and a turn-based “Hold” mode
- Improve, expand, and decorate the hub town of New Riverstone, helping its citizens and making it your own
- Lots of ways to create unique battle strategies and express yourself: equipment customization, perk trees, job system, and more
Flowstone Saga (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet, but is slated for a 2023 release in Europe and North America.
Source: Impact Gameworks PR