It’s been a while since we last heard about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, and unfortunately, a 2019 release is no longer in the works. Square-Enix have confirmed that the game was indeed delayed to 2020, as it will now launch on January 23rd worldwide.
Here’s the latest trailer for the game:
Also, Square-Enix have announced that the game is getting new recordings of the vocal themes (Kaze no Ne and Hoshizukiyo) and narration by Yae.
They have also confirmed the various additions and improvements included in this remaster:
- Updated Visuals and Audio – Experience the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES in stunning new ways, with upgraded graphics and audio updates enhancing the magical adventure like never before.
- New Character Voiceovers – Playable heroes come to life with brand-new voiceovers as they cast spells and battle ferocious monsters.
- New Online Multiplayer – Play online with up to three friends to overcome the dangerous monsters and dungeons that fill the world*. No players are left behind, as the game supports cross-play functionality.
- New Dungeons and Bosses – Challenging new dungeons and bosses have been added to the game, allowing for even more fun and exciting gameplay opportunities.
- New Character Appearances and Items – Stand out with brand-new looks and artifacts to equip and use throughout your magical journey.
Finally, here’s a few more screenshots and the Japanese boxart for the game:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (Switch) comes out on January 23rd worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!