Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble
- Taisen Hot Gimmick Axesjong
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition
EXOR Studios have revealed their new game for the Nintendo Switch, following X-Morph Defense released a few months ago. It’s called Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition, and it will be released on July 25th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
If your favorite activity while playing the popular GTA series was hitting people on the sidewalks, we have some good news for you. This time you won’t be punished or chased by the police. This time you’ll be rewarded for it. Sounds fun, right? The only difference is that these people are zombies.
Choose Story Mode and complete 31 missions, including epic boss fights, sub quests and bonus objectives in a huge, free roaming city. Select Blood Race Mode and enjoy classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies. Pick Slaughter Mode if you prefer a real bloodbath, boosted by infinite waves of enemies and dynamic action, as well as the possibility of upgrading your deadly vehicle. All this, supported by an in-house-developed Schmetterling engine, thanks to which the gameplay on Switch will be as smooth as possible.
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is an insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood, and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles like bulldozers, fire trucks or even a tank! And smash everything out of the way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into Slaughter Mode and survive as long as possible in specially crafted arenas.
• Horrifyingly entertaining modes:
– Epic boss fights with enormous mutated zombies.
– Defending key targets against huge waves of zombies.
– Racing against time to rescue survivors.
– Transporting dangerous cargo.
– Spraying anti-zombie repellent around town.
– 13 different vehicles to drive including a fire truck, a bulldozer, and even a tank.
2. Blood Race:
– Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies.
– Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out.
– Endurance – there’s a bomb on your car and it’s ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time.
– Fight through endless waves of zombies.
– Upgrade your car on the fly.
– Kill thousands of zombies.
• Nine different upgrades that can transform even an innocent taxi into a Chariot of Death.
• Miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers and dual rail guns.
• Vicious zombie types including even zombie dogs.
• Advanced, dynamic combo system with tricks – and hordes of zombies to try it on.
• All previously released DLC extensions have been incorporated into the Immortal Edition. The Apocalypse Pack, Tropical Race Rage, Burning Garden of Slaughter, and Brutal Car Skins have been included in the game as rewards for completing gameplay objectives.
• Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition has been ported to the Schmetterling engine, which EXOR Studios previously used to develop X-Morph: Defense. Thanks to this upgrade the game runs super smooth on the Nintendo Switch and is graphically improved, even compared to previous console releases and the PC version of the game.
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 25th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: EXOR Studios PR
Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble
Area35 have announced that Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble will be released on July 11th worldwide, with a demo version (including three campaign maps and two skirmish battlefields) to be released on July 8th. The game is already available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop in Japan, where it costs 1 500 Yen (regular price from July 28th: 1 800 Yen). It requires 1.4GB, and does offer an English language option.
Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble will be available with English and Japanese voices, along with English, Japanese, French, German, and Spanish text translation.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots for the game:
As a completely new, standalone sequel, TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE hearkens to genre classics like Advance Wars while pushing turn-based strategy forward. Master a wealth of new unit types, prevail over new victory conditions with bonus challenges in every map, and witness an epic story of triumph and tragedy penned by Hirotaka Inaba (I Am Setsuna).
FULL METAL RUMBLE gears up for war with an enhanced experience that delivers double the firepower from the original TINY METAL with 39 new campaign missions, 77 skirmish maps, and 21 multiplayer battlefields. Suit up and learn the ropes of battle in a new tutorial mode, preparing cadets for intense firefights utilizing a sleek new UI and detailed pixel art designed by Masayoshi Nishimura (Octopath Traveler).
Bigger, better, and more metal than its predecessor, FULL METAL RUMBLE is designed to test the strategic mettle of commanders in more ways than ever as units fuel up, load up, and move out. Leverage commander powers and special passives to turn the tides of war, sneak through cloaked terrain to ambush enemy forces, and combine unit strength for powerful combo attacks.
On a tour of relentless destruction, the Dinoldan Army begins excavating ancient artifacts with power beyond human comprehension. Only the fiercely independent Commander Wolfram and her White Fangs can save the world before the Dinoldans grow too powerful to stop. Take command of Wolfram’s forces and explore an all-new world map, contesting the Dinoldans across a world rife with secrets.
At every stop, a cast of memorable characters and a stirring soundtrack by acclaimed composer Tomoki Miyoshi (I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, STEINS;GATE) bring an emotional, twisting tale to bear. Gripping voice work features Japanese stars like Kenji Tsuda (Death Stranding). The fate of a world ravaged by war hangs in the balance, adding intrigue and surprise to every showdown and revelation.
Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 11th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Area35 PR / Nintendo
Taisen Hot Gimmick Axesjong
City Connection have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Taisen Hot Gimmick Axesjong. It will be released on July 4th in Japan, and it’s already available for pre-purchase on the Nintendo eShop for 2 160 Yen (regular price from launch: 2 700 Yen). it requires 661MB of free space, and does not offer an English language option.
Here’s some screenshots:
Taisen Hot Gimmick Axesjong (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 4th in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!