Today’s Nintendo eShop news: launch trailer for Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition, but also…
- Arc of Alchemist
- Arcade Archives Tecmo Bowl
- Ash of Gods: Redemption
- Dragon Quest Rivals
Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition
Here’s the launch trailer for Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition, now available in Europe and North America:
Blizzard Entertainment have shared some details for the next Software update for Overwatch, Ver. 1.45, which comes out in early February.
Here’s a video and the list of changes planned for this update:
- Balance Philosophy Update
- The team is looking to implement more frequent and impactful balance updates with the intention to deliberately change the meta.
- Additionally, with more impactful changes planned, the team is open to the idea of reverting changes when necessary.
- There have been a lot of requests recently for the game to undergo more rapid change to keep the game fresh, so this is our attempt to fulfill this request
- See the next point for our first iteration of this process…
- Experimental Card
- The team will be introducing a new main card to the Play screen known as Experimental Card. This card will allow us to test major changes to the game that may or may not reach the standard game modes
- Because the Experimental Card is in the live version of the game, this mode will now allow console players to participate in experimental content testing
- Players will still be able to progress and unlock Loot Boxes when playing in the Experimental Card, offering even more incentive for testing unreleased content
- Unlike the PTR, the Experimental Card is not for bug testing. Instead, it will be used to experiment with balance updates, game modes, or changes to rules that we are investigating internally. While some of these features will reach live, the content within this game mode is not guaranteed to be released.
- Hero Pools
- During Season 21, we will be implementing a new system called Hero Pools, where a few heroes will be disabled from Competitive Play for a given week. Each week will feature a new pool of heroes.
- We’re trying Hero Pools for Season 21, and depending on how it performs, it may not persist past that season. We are also going to keep a close eye on this system to see if the hero pool rotation cadence should be changed (e.g. weekly, daily, by match).
- The selection of heroes will be curated by the design team, rather than random assortment chosen by algorithm
- This will only affect the Competitive Play and will not be seen in the Arcade or Quick Play.
- The goal of this system is to allow the meta to change weekly and see more hero diversity in matches.
- Expect more information on how this affects the Overwatch League via blog soon.
- Other updates
- This update will be beefing up our anti-cheat efforts. Please continue to send over any reports and any information you have on the subject to aid in our ongoing efforts to improve our anti-cheat systems
- Workshop quality of life updates
Source: Blizzard Entertainment PR
Nakana.io have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: EQQO, releasing on February 7th in Europe and North America. It will cost 6€ / $6, and will be playable in the following languages: English, French, BR-Portuguese, EU-Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Finnish, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Inspired by ancient Ethiopian legends, EQQO is an initiatory adventure, and a love song to nature. It’s the improbable tale of two foreign creatures one to the other… A child who can’t see, and an Egg, as fragile as it is vital. Using the the powers of the Egg,the players will need to advance through sacred lands and mysterious rooms, awaken the Temple’s sleeping mechanisms, foil ancient traps, and repel the dark forces that want to seize the Egg!
- STORY – A multi-layered story full of symbols and metaphors about hope, love, nature and everything that connects us. Voiced in English an French. Captioned in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- ADVENTURE – Four to five hours of exploration and puzzle solving in sacred lands and monumental temple rooms. 25 hidden parchment scrolls to find and reveal new parts of the legend.
- ART – Music composed by Nicolas Bredin and played by the world-renowned Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. Spectacular sceneries and an immersive “360-degree cinematic” experience supporting the use of the gyroscope.
- CULTURE – Items and architecture inspired by Ethiopian mythology and traditions such as the pilgrimage to the Rock-Hewn churches of Lalibela.
- ECOLOGICAL IMPACT – The possibility to plant your own tree, both in-game and in real life, with the 1 EUR/USD DLC #EqqoDonation.
EQQO (Switch – eShop) comes out on February 7th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Nakana.io PR
Earlier this week, the Kickstarter campaign for Lazr went live. It’s described as a “skill-based, physics-enhanced cyberpunk platformer”, and the developers need $10 000 for it ($3 250 already pledged as of writing, with 24 days left). Click here to check out the Kickstarter page for the campaign!
Here’s a trailer and some details:
LAZR is a skill-based, physics-enhanced cyberpunk platformer whose gameplay is emphasized sharply by its dynamic cloth simulations. The setting draws inspiration from such sources as Akira, Judge Dredd, Ghost in the Shell, and Bladerunner. You play as LAZR, a fusion-powered killer android, who finds themselves in a new, dangerous future metropolis called Alpha City One.
Arc of Alchemist
Idea Factory International have announced that Arc of Alchemist will be released on February 6th in Europe, one week after North America.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Idea Factory International (Twitter)
Arcade Archives Tecmo Bowl
Here’s the launch trailer for Arcade Archives Tecmo Bowl, now available worldwide:
Ash of Gods: Redemption
Here’s the launch trailer for Ash of Gods: Redemption, now available in Europe and North America:
Dragon Quest Rivals
Here’s the trailer for the latest Card Pack for Dragon Quest Rivals, releasing on February 20th in Japan: