Today’s Daily news: Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled to get free additional content after launch, but also…
- Spyro Reignated Trilogy
- Contra: Rogue Corps
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
Activision and Beenox have announced that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled will get some free additional content after launch via the Grand-Prix events. The first one goes live on July 3rd, and will allow players to get a new track, unlockable characters (the Nitro Squad), karts, and customisation items. By the way, Spyro is one of the additional characters you will be able to unlock via those Grand-Prix events!
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Today, in a first-look of CTR TV, hosts Chick and Stew revealed all the fun awaiting players in the Grand Prix. They also revealed that fans will get a brand-new track with each Grand Prix. The first track is called Twilight Tour, which takes players on an epic journey by day and night through the middle east. That’s not all, Chick and Stew also spilled the news that Tawna will in fact be coming to the CTR universe, as an earnable character in the first Grand Prix. There will be new items and characters dropped into the game’s Pit Stop rotation each Grand Prix, including members of the Nitro Squad in the first season (formerly known as the Trophy Girls). These racers come from regions around the world and are ready to represent their countries with speed and strength! Chick and Stew also let fans know about the content they can expect in the two following Grand Prix Seasons, including the most anticipated event of the century…Spyro’s induction to CTR!
Finally, here’s another promo video for the game:
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Switch) comes out on June 21st in Europe and North America, and August 1st in Japan.
Source: Activision PR
Spyro Reignated Trilogy
During the Nintendo Direct: E3 2019 presentation yesterday, it was announced that Spyro Reignated Trilogy is headed to the Nintendo Switch on September 3rd, in Europe and North America. The Nintendo Switch version is developed by Toys for Bod, and costs $39.99. It includes the following games:
- Spyro the Dragon
- Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Making its official Nintendo Switch debut during this year’s Nintendo Direct at E3, Spyro Reignited Trilogy will mark the first time all three original Spyro games will be available on a Nintendo console. The trilogy will also mark the first Spyro appearance on a Nintendo console since Skylanders® Imaginators in 2016, and the first Spyro-led game on a Nintendo console in more than 11 years. With Nintendo Switch, players can jump, glide, charge and flame their foes as they take on the challenges and adventures from the remaster both on the go in handheld mode or from the comfort of their homes in TV mode.
Immaculately remade from the ground up, Spyro Reignited Trilogy features the exciting and nostalgic gameplay that fans enjoyed years ago with over 100 levels, enhanced reward sequences, as well as the beautiful redesigns of Spyro’s hoard of zany dragons and other goofballs (including Sparx the Dragonfly, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9 and Sgt. Byrd) and many more. The trilogy also includes enhanced environments, a remastered soundtrack, updated controls, brand-new lighting and recreated cinematics for added pizzazz in this beloved adventure.
Spyro Reignited Trilogy demonstrates the cultivation of epic game remastery that builds on the incredible experience of the original games. The characters and personalities are creatively re-developed with additional flavor allowing fans to reignite the flames with Spyro and his crew. Players will experience a trilogy packed with an astounding amount of detail, refreshed modern gameplay mechanics, and smooth camera handling.
Spyro Reignated Trilogy (Switch) comes out on September 3rd in Europe and North America.
Source: Activision PR
Contra: Rogue Corps
During the Nintendo Direct: E3 2019 presentation, Konami announced a brand new game in the Contra series. It’s called Contra: Rogue Corps, a brand new canonical entry in the series that takes place after the event of Contra III: The Alien Wars. It’s directed by Nobuya Nakazato (Director of Contra III: The Alien Wars and Contra: Hard Corps), and it features plenty of crazed enemies, over-the-top violence, and a diverse cast of playable characters.
Contra: Rogue Corps will be released on September 26th worldwide, and will be available on the Nintendo eShop and at retail (price: £39.99). The Day One Edition includes the following bonuses 2 retro Contra-inspired in-game t-shirts (character skins). All retail version will come with a reversible cover by Tom DuBois, the illustrator who came up with the boxart for Contra III: The Alien Wars, Operation C, and several Castlevania titles.
Here’s some more details, the list of key features, and some pictures:
CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS is a twin stick, third-person action game drawing upon its roots in fast and focused combat developed for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (STEAM). From the director of CONTRA III: THE ALIEN WARS and CONTRA: HARD CORPS, Nobuya Nakazato instills more than 25 years of franchise pedigree into CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS with enormous crazed enemies, over-the-top violence, and a cast of diverse playable characters that add to the irreverent tone of the game.
Several years after the events of the Alien Wars, CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS follows a former military group living on the fringes as bounty hunters and treasure finders in the Damned City. Survival requires fast reactions, powerful weapons and the occasional organ and cybernetic augmentation. Players will complete missions in PVE campaigns, gathering resources to upgrade their guns to stay alive in the Damned City. If all else fails… bring in a friend and mow-down enemies together in online and local multiplayer modes!
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run & gun style gameplay
- Choose from 4 diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customise and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics
- PVE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online* in multi-player
- PVP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players*
- Local Couch CO-OP modes with up to 4 players**
- Four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks:
- Kaiser – A soldier from the Alien Wars rebuilt after receiving massive injuries, now has a massive arm that transforms into a drill.
- Ms Harakiri – Famed assassin specialising in stealth and infiltration, after barely escaping death during the Alien Wars, she fused together with an alien, now taking residence in her midsection.
- Hungry Beast – Once the noted (human) scientist Kurt Steiner, he had his brain inserted into a giant cyborg panda and now spends most of his time looking for delicious snacks.
- Gentleman – Brain Bug alien raised by humans. Feels the rest of the team are ill-mannered and vulgar, especially the Panda. Argues over table manners and the neatest and most efficient way to dispatch an enemy.
Contra: Rogue Corps (Switch) comes out on September 26th worldwide.
Source: Konami PR