Today’s Daily Briefs: digital o-mikuji for Dragon Quest XI S, but also…
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- United Kingdom video games sales
Dragon Quest XI S
Square-Enix teased a little surprise for Dragon Quest XI S (the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age) January 1st. And that surprise is none other than… digital o-mikuji (random fortunes you can get from temples / shrines in Japan). You enter your name (only in hiragana or katakana), and you get your fortune… complete with a few voiced lines by one of the characters in the game.
Click here to draw your very own Dragon Quest XI S o-mikuji (unfortunately, the “service” is only available in Japanese)!
Dragon Quest XI S (Switch) comes out in 2019 in Japan.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Here’s not one, but three TV Commercials for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, from France:
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch) comes out on January 11th worldwide.
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Here’s the latest countdown indie t-shirts for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, including a special one celebrating Suda51’s birthday (he turned 51 today)!
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Switch) comes out on January 18th worldwide.
United Kingdom video games sales
GamesIndustry.biz has shared some sales data for the video games market in the United Kingdom, in 2018:
- retail Software sales: £770 million (-2.8%) / 22 million units (-7.1%)
- Nintendo Switch retail Software sales: +90.1% by units, and +73.4% by revenue, 24% market share
- Nintendo Switch Hardware sales: +20%
- Nintendo 3DS retail Software sales: 2.1% market share
- Wii retail Software sales: 0.2% market share
More data (for other platforms) at the source link below!