Today’s Daily Briefs:
- Shakedown Hawaii
- Project X Zone 2
- Super Mario Maker
- Oddworld: New ‘n Tasty
- Shadows of Adam
- Cube Life: Island Survival
Yesterday, Nintendo of America uploaded a teaser trailer for Shakedown Hawaii, which is coming out this year on the Nintendo 3DS (via the Nintendo eShop):
On Reddit, Brian Provinciano (the developer) held a mini AMA on Reddit: you can check out his answers by clicking here!
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
Project X Zone 2
Project X Zone 2 came out yesterday in Europe, and will be released on Tuesday in North America. Here’s the launch trailer for the game:
If you want to learn more about the development of the game, you can check out this NintendoLife interview with Kensuke Tsukanaka (Bandai Namco, Producer) and Soichiro Morizumi (Monolith Soft, Development Director)!
Super Mario Maker
During the Game Party Japan 2016, Nintendo held a Super Mario Maker tournament. There was two categories:
For the Play category, Nintendo used levels submitted by players online, which were carefully selected. If you’re interested in trying them out, Nintendo posted all the course IDs on its official blog. If you have a Nintendo Network ID, you can check out the Super Mario Maker Bookmark Web Portal instead, and bookmark the levels you want.
However, for the page to work, you need to set the website to Japanese (drop down menu in the bottom right corner). To bookmark a level, simply click on the big white button.
Finally, here’s pictures of the Super Mario Maker tournament at the Game Party Japan 2016:
Oddworld: New ‘n Tasty
Oddworld: New ‘n Tasty finally came out this week on Wii U, in Europe and North America. NintendoLife recently had the opportunity to chat with Lorne Lanning, the creator of Oddworld. In this interview, they talk about the Wii U struggles, the possibility of an Abe amiibo, and more.
Check it out:
Shadows of Adam
Shadows of Adam is an RPG that is supposed to co:me to the Wii U… provided the stretch goal is met during the Kickstarter campaign. The problem is, the campaign is not doing well: as of writing, only $11 242 (out of the $20 000 required) have been pledged, with 6 days left… and that’s only for the main campaign.
However, in an interview with Nintendo-Online, the creators explained that even if the Kickstarter campaign was to fail, they would still complete the game (though it would obvious take more time, and they would need to narrow the scope of some areas).
Click here to check out the Kickstarter page of Shadow of Adam!
Cube Life: Island Survival
Yesterday, a new update for Cube Life: Island Survival went live. Here’s the changelog for Ver. 1.2:
– Share Custom Maps (like Super Mario Maker)
– 400+ items are now available! New items like ladders, motorboats, diving masks, traps, etc.
– Completely redesigned AI. Canibals are now smarter.
– Stealth attacks! Approach an enemy from behind and gain the upper hand
– Bigger world to explore at 3,520 x 3,520 blocks (was previously 2,880 x
– New pets: Added Chickens, Boars, Baby Boars, and Giant Crabs
– New Animals: Rabbits, Puffer Fish, Parrots, Lizards, Gorillas, Crabs, and Jellyfish
– Fight New Enemy Bosses: The Kraken, and Cannibal Boss
– Assign commands to pets now (defensive, offensive, or collect items)
– New Color Map with Radar (displays position of enemies, pets)
Also, the game is now available in Australia and New Zealand!