Today’s Daily Brief:
- Star Fox Zero
- Super Mario Maker
- Yo-kai Watch
- Luigi’s Mansion Arcade
Yesterday, Nintendo of America revealed a commercial for Star Fox Zero, which comes out in less than two weeks worldwide. It features the same puppets Nintendo used to introduced the game at E3 (and which were made by the Jim Henson Studios)!
Here it is:
Star Fox Zero (Wii U) comes out on April 21st in Japan, and April 22nd in Europe and North America.
Super Mario Maker
In the past few weeks/months, Nintendo has been deleting some Super Mario Maker courses without warning. It’s actually not a bug, but something pretty deliberate. The company updated its Support Page, explaining the reasons that could lead one of your courses to be deleted:
- Low stars/plays
- After a fixed period of time, courses with low stars/plays will be automatically deleted from the server.
- Courses that include bugs that were unintended by either the course creator or the developers will be deleted. It’s important that we remove levels with bugs quickly, because letting these levels remain in Course World can lead to negative outcomes for many players such as players experiencing levels in unfair ways that the original course creator did not intend, or re-writing “World Record” times.
- Requesting stars from other users
- Courses that are explicitly asking for stars from other players will be deleted. For example, using words such as “Like”, “Yeah!”, and the “★” symbol in their course names. Please change the course name when saving a course that includes these words.
- Inappropriate Content
- Courses that contain something inappropriate, such as offensive language or phrases will be deleted.
- Other behavior in violation of the Nintendo Network Code of Conduct. Please note that repeated violations can result in additional penalties.
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
If you live in the United Kingdom, you can now pre-order Yo-kai Watch from the Official UK Store. As usual, there’s several options available:
- Game alone
- Game + case
- Console Pack
- some goodies
- Build your own bundle
Click here to place an order, if you’re interested!
Yo-kai Watch (3DS) comes out on April 29th in Europe.
Luigi’s Mansion Arcade
After some loca-tests, it looks like Luigi’s Mansion Arcade machines are starting to pop up in the United States. Here’s the pictures of one, taken at the Dane ‘n Busters in Nashville:
Here’s some sale data for the Italian video game market, starting with the Top 20 best-selling games:
01. FIFA 16
02. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
04. FIFA 15
05. Grand Theft Auto V
06. Just Dance 2016
07. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
08. Fallout 4
09. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
10. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
11. Far Cry 4
12. Just Dance 2015
13. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
14. Star Wars: Battlefront
15. Batman: Arkham Knight
16. Assassin’s Creed Unity
17. Battlefield Hardline
18. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
19. Call of Duty: Ghosts
20. Mortal Kombat X
Next, here’s some data about the market itself:
- Total market: +6.9% compared to 2014, €952,172,036
- Software: +6%, €569,065,128 [59.8% of the total market]
- Hardware: +8.7%, €300,373,632 [31.5% of the total market]
- Accessories: €82,733,276 [8.7% of the total market]