Last week, we found out that Blaster Master Zero would be a launch title for the Nintendo Switch in Japan. This led many to wonder whether Europe and North America would get it on the same day, and the answer is… no, unfortunately!
But the good news is, fans won’t have long to wait, since the game will be released next week, on March 9th. Both the Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS will get it on the same day, for 9.99€/$9.99/£8.99.
For those who never heard of the game until today, Blaster Master Zero is an 8-bit style top-down & sideview 2D action-adventure game, based on Blaster Master from Sunsoft (originally released on the NES). It features:
- new areas and bosses
- new gameplay elements (such as extra sub-weapons)
- better gameplay (when battling outside your SOPHIA 3rd tank)
- a more robust scenario
- refined and expanded exploration mechanics
- and more…
Here’s the main features of Blaster Master Zero:
- On the sideview maps, take control of the battle tank SOPHIA III and explore your surroundings as you search for the entrance to the dungeon where the area’s boss lurks.
- Once you find a dungeon entrance, exit SOPHIA III and make your way inside as the hero Jason and take on the mutants inside in top-down mode.
- Defeat the mid-bosses and area bosses to acquire new items, sub-weapons, upgrades to SOPHIA III and Jason’s equipment, and new abilities and move to the next area.
- Incorporation of HD Rumble features into various aspects of the gameplay.
- Player 2 can provide support for Player 1 as they traverse through the game in the co-op multiplayer mode.
And here’s the trailer for Blaster Master Zero, that reveals the game will get extra characters as DLC… including a certain Gunvolt!
Finally, here’s some screenshots:
Blaster Master Zero (Switch, 3DS – eShop) will be released on March 3rd in Japan, and March 9th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!