Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Production Notes #15: Issue with some Quests after updating to Ver. 1.5.2
On November 14th 2017, the official website of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was updated in Japan, adding a new section: Production Notes. It’s a blog-like section, where members of the development team will come discuss various aspects of the game.
- Production Notes #1: Drivers and Blades
- Production Notes #2: Script
- Production Notes #3: Character Design (Part 1)
- Production Notes #4: Music
- Production Notes #5: Introduction to Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Production Notes #6 (Ver. 1.1.1 update)
- Production Notes #7 (Pyra figure)
- Production Notes #8 (Issue with “disappearing Blades” in Ver. 1.2.0)
- Production Notes #9 (Ver. 1.3.0 and New Game+)
- Production Notes #10: Original Soundtrack
- Production Notes #11: Issues with Ver. 1.3.0, to be fixed in Ver. 1.3.1
- Production Notes #12: Ver. 1.4.0 and first two additional Rare Blades dated
- Production Notes #13: More details about Challenge Battle Mode
- Production Notes #14: Torna ~The Golden Country
Last week, Nintendo and Monolith Soft. surprised by players by releasing the latest update (Ver. 1.5.2) and DLC Pack for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, at an unusual time and without prior warning. Unfortunately, it looks like there was another surprise hidden in the update, alongside the new Rare Blades Corvin and Elma…
Today, Tetasuya Takahashi from Monolith Soft. wrote a few words about an issue that popped up with the release of Ver. 1.5.2.. What happens is that, after updating, some quests become impossible to complete under certain conditions. While the cause is rather common, there is a pretty straightforward workaround.
The quests that are impacted have you defeat specific enemies. If you finish said enemies using a Blade Special, a Chain Attack, a Blade Combo, etc., then the event supposed to take place right after the battle will not be triggered, and you will be unable to proceed with the quest.
But as mentioned above, there’s a pretty straightforward workaround for that particular issue: make sure to finish enemies using only Auto Attacks or individual Arts (NB: you don’t have to use only those during the whole battle, just to finish enemies).
Here’s the Blade quests impacted by this issue (new ones are bolded):
- Flames of Justice (Godfrey’s Blade Quest)
- Failure and Success (Perceval’s Blade Quest)
- Lost Kingdom (Daga’s Blade Quest)
- Blade-Sharp Memory (Praxis’ Blade Quest), along with Pest Control 3 (related quest that’s part of this Blade Quest)
- Eternal Spirit (Perun’s Blade Quest)
- Limits of Awareness (Adenine’s Blade Quest)
- A Real Challenge (Zenobia’s Blade Quest)
- Nature Boy (Floren’s Blade Quest), along with Beguiling Charms (related quest)
- The Calm and the Storm (Herald’s Blade Quest)
- Lingering Resentment (T-elos’s Blade Quest)
- Mellica the Chorister (regular Quest)
- The Riddle on the Wall (regular Quest)
Tetasuya Takahashi explains that a fix for this issue will be included in the next Software update for the game: Ver. 2.0, which will be released alongside Torna ~ The Golden Country on September 14th.