On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Tennis World Tour on Nintendo Switch (originally released on August 30th 2018 in Japan, and October 29th 2018 in Europe and North America).
How to download updates for Tennis World Tour for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Tennis World Tour, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
Tennis World Tour – Ver. 1.10 and Ver. 1.12
- Release date: February 28th 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Slide animations have been added on clay courts.
- A new style of forehand has been added to the character creator: the “whip” forehand, with a whole new set of animations.
- New serve preparations and serve styles have been added to the character creator.
- The Season mode can now be accessed when a cup is being played. You can go play ranked matches in-between your Cup matches.
- Added an introduction to the Training stadium.
- Updated the order in which players are displayed in the Character selection screen, to better reflect current ATP rankings.
- Updated Agassi and McEnroe’s skills set.
- Sped up the rally and serve pace (about +5%).
- Improved the global accuracy on difficult ball, because Attackers were causing too many unforced errors on difficult shots or difficult positions.
- Lowered the height threshold for the “low-arc” malus on shots, from 60cm down to 40cm.
- Increased the regeneration of stamina between points and sets.
- Fixed a bug that could make players teleport during shot preparation.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the players to hit the ball without making any contact with it.
- Improvements to the shot selection engine to remove most of the instances of unwanted slice effects. In practice, this should improve the chance of getting the effect asked for during the preparation of the shot.
- Fixed a bug that was penalizing serve returns on the forehand side, resulting in an unnaturally higher number of Aces.
- Fixed a bug regarding the orientation of the players after a shot. They are now correctly facing the court after each shot, making the whole rally look more smooth.
- Fixed a bug with AI movement. The AI will now accurately run towards the ball, notably on dropshots.
- Fixed a bug in the AI that was preventing them from using lobs.
- Improved the choreography when interrupting the serve preparation animation.
- Fixed the missing racket shadow at Quito’s venue.
- Fixed an unwanted halo effect around players during cutscenes.
- Fixed new equipment pictures that were displayed upside down in the reward screen.
- Fixed some Octogon and Tooltech dampener textures.
- Fixed a bug where Season Cups were sometimes played at the wrong venue.
- Fixed a bug where player outfits were not saved correctly during Season Cups.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent the Surgery event from appearing in the Career mode in December.
- Fixed some minor interface issues.
- Additional notes: this update includes both Ver. 1.10 and Ver. 1.12
- Source: Bigben Interactive (Facebook)
Tennis World Tour – Ver. 1.08 and Ver. 1.09 (Online Patch)
- Release date: February 7th 2019 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- New Online Mode Added: Online Tournaments.This mode allows the creation of online tournaments by players.
- Added more character customization options in an updated version of the player creator.
- Event added to Career Mode in December, that allows the further customization of existing characters.
- Large improvements to the overall stability of the online service; including issues with the random disconnections during a match, the ball not being in the same place for each player and a number of other tweaks that can be found under “bug fixes”
- Added animations at end of a point where a lucky win is achieved with the help of the net.
- Added animations to avoid the ball if it goes out and the player is on its trajectory. The AI will no longer volley those balls (both opponent and player AI).
- Added more animations to the inside out forehand preparations.
- Added a help interface during service that gives feedback on the risk taken. This option can be disabled in the option menu.
- The “replay” button is now accessible even if the cutscenes are disabled in the options menu.
- Added a permanent display of break points, set points and match points under the scoreboard.
- Added new official outfits for players, and new equipment to the shop.
- Le Coq Sportif Gasquet – Wimbledon 2018
- Roland Garros 2018 Tennis polo shirt
- Wilson Blade 98 racket
- And more
- Added a substantial bonus to power and accuracy of inside out forehands. The feedback “GREAT” is also displayed if using the “Display shot quality” option.
- Animations during cutscenes have been improved.
- Tuned the AI’s chance of unforced errors according to player archetypes.
- Added a “BALANCED” threshold to the Serve help feedback between “SAFE” and “OPTIMAL”.
- Lateral slice rotation decreased.
- Added a bonus / penalty to Stamina based on player height (to compensate for the fact that tall players can find more angles with their serve).
- Added a ball speed bonus to indoor courts.
- Increased shot selection possible to return a serve.
- The ball speed of the slice shots has been slowed during a rally.
- Monfils’ and Edmund’s stats have been adjusted.
- Official player win ratios have been updated in career mode for parity with their current performance in the real world.
- Once in Bronze league, players can no longer fall to the league below.
- Minor changes to ranked points gain/loss calculation.
- Player emotion will now escalate more quickly in cutscenes.
- Fixed a rare bug that could force the charge gauge to remain empty during a shot.
- Fixed a rare case of the interface shrinking at the end of a match.
- Fixed a rare case of online games being stalled, where conditions involved the underhand serve.
- Fixed a rare bug that could display half of the London venue’s court in white.
- Fixed some swing animations and minor bugs in the shot selection.
- Fixed the First Bound indicator missing on London Supreme Stadium.
- Fixed an issue where the racket bag was switching sides when players changed side, and was not displayed in online matches.
- Improved game stability and online stability. In particular, the main bug that was frequently causing the disconnection of both players during an online match.
- Fixed the “off-the-frame shot” bug, that was unintentionally ending the point by throwing the ball high in the air.
- Fixed a rare crash during the loading of a match
- Fixed a bug that could make the League leaderboard appear empty.
- Fixed the League leaderboard when displaying the wrong league after a promotion or relegation.
- Fixed the display of Japanese characters on the leaderboard.
- Improved ball collision detection around the court.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resetting game data with an exhibition tournament in progress, then creating a tournament again.
- Fixed a bug regarding ball trajectory synchronization in online matches, which was causing trajectories to diverge on the receiving end of slice and topspin strokes.
- Minor interface and texts changes.
- Added the gender information when receiving an outfit as a giftPlease note: in the previous patch notes, we listed that new rackets were available for custom characters.This change was not correctly applied last patch, and the missing items have been reintroduced this patch.
- Additional notes: both updates were released at the same time (as one and only patch)
- Source: Bigben Interactive (Facebook)
Tennis World Tour – Ver. ??? (Online Patch)
- Release date: December 6th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
New featuresOnline Modes have been added:
- Quick match
- Ranked match
- Play with friendsWeekly community challenges have been added!
- Each week, a challenge will be displayed in the online menu. The efforts of each and every player will be tallied toward the community objective.
- 2 individual timed objectives will also be available until completion or until they expire.Individual and community objectives are a new way to unlock items.
Career ModeCareer mode has been updated with new screens and improvements:
- A month now consists of 2 event choices instead of one.
- A «Details» button has been added to tournaments, which will display the gains for every round (XP, ranking points, money).The points earned in the previous season for this tournament are also displayed with a marker (since ranking points are tallied throughout a rolling year).
- A new screen will appear at the end of a season, displaying an overview of the season results and a comparison with the previous year. (You need to play at least two seasons with the patch, or create a new player to see this screen).
- Results from past tournaments seasons can be reviewed in the form of Tournament brackets. (Go to the Calendar tab in the Career mode and navigate to the tournament you want to review and press «See results». This includes tournaments you didn’t participate in).
- Various statistics such as winners, aces, 1st serve ratio etc. are recorded across all modes and can be displayed in the character’s page. (For a custom character, navigate to the portrait, left to the archetype points, and enter the menu).
- The «Career» tab can be reached to display your track records in tournaments: best round reached and number of titles won for each one.
- You can switch between records with any character and your global records. For official players, press the «View stats» button to see their page, then press again «View stats» to access your personal records with this player.
- In Season mode, a new screen will give you the detail of the points earned and lost by you and your opponents, with a detailed information about your respective leagues and win/loss records.
- Clay courts have been improved graphically
- Crowd animations and choreography has been improved.
CustomizationNew outfits have been added for star players:
- Nike Madison Keys – Spring 2018, and her racket is now accessible for custom characters
- Bouchard – 2018 Outfit
- Goffin – Australia outfit 2018 + Wilson racket (also accessible for custom characters)
- Monfils – Australia 2018
- AI will stick to its baseline more if it’s not a serve & volleyer.
- Tweaking AI faults depending on AI difficulty.
- Fixing a crash in some camera traveling.
- Fixing Sophie Walker’s XP bonus in displayed XP points.
- Fixing Maxime Teixeira’s unlock as a playable character when Academy School is 100% complete.
- Fixing the « Round » displayed in « My performance » in the Tournament result screen when forfeiting before a match. It was off by one round in this case.
- Fixed a crash in some camera traveling.
- Fixed Sophie Walker’s XP bonus in displayed XP points.
- Fixed an issue with unlocking Maxime Teixeira as a playable character after 100% completing Academy School.
- Fixed the «Round» displayed in the «My performance» section of the Tournament result screen when forfeiting before a match.
- Controller vibrations added on strokes (this can be disabled in the Options menu).
- There is now a help for serve, activated at default. This will help you understand when to release pressure on your controller to perform the best serve.
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Bigben Interactive (Facebook)
Tennis World Tour – Ver. 1.1.2
- Release date: October 30th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Increased XP gains for winning tournaments in Career mode.
- Improved and diversified AI ‘move to net’ strategies.
- Improved the crowd’s animation cycles.
- Serve preparation can now be interrupted after 2sec.
- Tournament mode has been added.
- Joy Con solo mode has been added.
- Display resolution enhanced (720p).
- Most frequently encountered crashes fixed.
- Fixed the description of unlock requirements for skills linked to a particular events.
- Fixed the display of spaces inside first names and last names.
- Fixed the missing display of dropshot and sprint buttons in the Tennis School lessons.
- Fixed a bug that would affect lobs by applying the same charge as the previous shot.
- Fixed Dubai’s court limits which were slightly off, causing balls to be called out when they were touching the lines.
- Changed a text in the Volley Training to better describe how to use the “Volley preference” button.
- Fixed a graphical glitch in the Skill menu on locked skill slots.
- Stamina gauges are not correctly being hidden during end match cinematics.
- Fixed the displayed match duration when forfeiting a tournament match and when pausing the game.
- Fixing First serve and Unforced errors stats displayed.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: Bigben Interative (Facebook)