As announced on Monday, Nintendo showcased the second set of DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate during a special video presentation hosted by Masahiro Sakurai himself.
Here’s the presentation:
This presentation confirms that the second set of DLC will indeed be released on July 30th (North America) / July 31st (Europe, Japan). Alongside the Hero as playable characters, the DLC set adds the following:
- new Music tracks: Adventure (Dragon Quest III), Fighting Spirits (Dragon Quest III), Battle for the Glory (Dragon Quest IV), Wagon Wheel’s March, War Cry, Marching through the Fields, The Hero Goes Forth with a Determination, Unflinchable Courage
- new stage: Yggdrasil’s Altar
- new route for Classic Mode
Hero enters the arena equipped with a sword and shield, and wielding familiar DRAGON QUEST spells like “Frizz,” “Zap” and “Woosh.” The character comes with additional alternate character designs that represent the main characters from several games in the DRAGON QUEST series. He can take the form of the protagonists from DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, the latest DRAGON QUEST title coming to Nintendo Switch on Sept. 27; DRAGON QUEST III: The Seeds of Salvation; DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen; and DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. This is the first time ever that all four heroes from these DRAGON QUEST games are fighting together.
Players who own the Fighters Pass or purchase Challenger Pack 2 separately will also have access to a new stage, Yggdrasil’s Altar, which features the great mythical tree from many DRAGON QUEST games. The stage is full of moving platforms, which fly through different locales that DRAGON QUEST fans might recognize, and even features some familiar (slimy) faces in the background. Orchestrated music tracks from classic DRAGON QUEST titles will also be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alongside Hero and the Yggdrasil’s Altar stage.
But that’s not all: the second set of additional costumes for Mii Fighters will also be released separately (not included in the Fighter Pass or the second set of DLC with Hero):
- Veronica (Sworfdighter)
- Erdrick (Swordfighter)
- Martial Artist (Brawler)
- Slime (Hat)
Finally, the presentation shared some details about the next Software udpate (Ver. 4.0.0), which will add the following to the game:
- New FS Meter Time Limit
- New Adventure Mode difficulty (Very Easy)
- New Spectator Mode features (predict the winner, exchange poitns won for items)
- Online Tourney Mode (will feature Special Event Tourneys from time to time)
- Adds ability to insert screenshots in videos you edit
- Adds ability to play videos consecutively in Shared Content
That Software update will be released later today in North America, and on July 31st in Europe and North America (timezones oblige). Both that update and the DLC should be released at the same time.
Source: Nintendo (YouTube) / Nintendo PR