Do you like indie games? Do you like the Nintendo Switch? Do you like indie games on the Nintendo Switch? If yes, there’s no doubt all those announcements in the past few months have been nothing but music to your ears. And guess what? It’s far from over! The latest indie game announced for the Nintendo Switch: Steredenn, from Pixelnest Studio.
Described as a “freenetic and chaotic space shooter”, Steredenn offers “big beautiful pixels”, fast, additive, and tough as nail action, not to mention “insane”, intense, and epic boss battles. By defeating them, you can upgrade your ship, and unlock new powers and abilities. Your goal? Fight the space pirates (no, not the one from the Metroid series!), and find a way to survive.
The developers introduce Steredenn as a game in-between a shoot ’em up and a roguelike, with infinite and unforgiving gameplay. The levels are (almost) randomly generated, with various unpredictable events (such as asteroid fields, lasers, meteor showers, old battlefields, and more lasers… wait, did we mention lasers?).
Here’s the main features:
- Beautiful art and spaceships.
- Awesome boss fights.
- Addictive, ruthless.
- Endless arcade gameplay.
- Quick and intense sessions.
- INFINITE REPLAYABILITY: levels are (practically) randomly-generated.
- ARSENAL: 35 mighty weapons. Driller, ultralaser, giant saw, robots, hypergun? We got you covered.
- UPGRADES: enhance your ship and unlock new powers and abilities with more than 25 upgrades. Many interactions and combos with your guns and other boosters.
- SCORING: beat your friends and be the best!
- DAILY RUN: everyday, try to be the first in a special leaderboard where all players share the same run, guns and bosses. Beware, you only get one chance per day!
- ARENA: Unlock a boss by defeating it in the normal mode. Then, train against it in a 1 to 1 duel. Your guns, your laws, your fight.
- SUPERPLAY: Defeat the game in a fixed variant where there’s no random.
Finally, here’s a trailer and plenty of screenshots:
Steredeen (Switch) does not have a release date yet, but it’s already been added to the Upcoming Releases page