This week-end, the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire will take place globally, and will be the first opportunity for many players to try out the game. For more details about when each play session will take place, as well as the maps to be played during the event, make sure to check out this post!
And today, the Squid Research Lab shared some more details about the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, and more precisely the controls and the weapons. Let’s start with the controls, which are as follows:
- left stick: move
- right stick: control camera
- ZL: transformation
- ZR: fire weapon
- gyroscope: aim
- X: map (D-Pad + A: Super Jump to one of your teammates, which each direction being assigned to one; )
- Y: camera reset
- B: Jump
Naturally, controls are the same no matter if you’re using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, the main unit in handheld mode, or if you’re playing with the Joy-Cons on the TV.
The only mode playable in this Splatoon 2 Global Testfire event is Turf Wars: 3 minutes matches where both teams try to cover as much groud in ink as possible. And it’s the only thing that matters: defeating enemies does help cover more ground in ink, but it ultimately has no direct impact on the outcome on the battle.
Here’s the 4 weapons playable in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire demo:
- Splattershot: a balance weapon, perfect for beginners. It hasn’t been changed from the original. Comes with Burst Bombs and Tenta Missiles;
- Splat Roller: it works just like in Splatoon, but with one main difference. This time, you can shake the roller while jumping, which splashes ink forward (as you can see in the video below). Comes with Suction Bombs and Splashdown;
- Splat Charger: in Splatoon 2, you can use Charge Keep. You can charge your Scope weapon, and then hide in ink and move around without losing your charge. Comes with Splat Bombs and the Inkjet;
- Splat Dualies: a new weapon that allows you to slide while firing ink, by pressing the B button (only twice). Comes with Curling Bombs and the Jetpack;
- Curling Bomb: one of the new sub-weapons (part of the Splat Dualies set).
Splatoon 2 (Switch) comes out this Summer, worldwide. The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire takes place this week-end!