RIVE is a pretty intense twin-stick shooter developed by Two Tribes, that was originally supposed to be released on Wii U (before that version was ultimately cancelled, in favour of a Nintendo Switch port).
Good news for players who have been patiently waiting for this version of the game: it will be released on November 17th in Europe and North America, as RIVE: Ultimate Edition. Why is it called “Ultimate Edition”? Because of the following features:
- Copilot Mode: allows you to play with a friend. All you need is two Joy-Cons, and you’re good to go!
- HD Rumble: allows you to really feel the game, from really subtle bumps to extreme stereo shakes;
- Achievements: the developers went and created a full in-game implementation of the achievement system (since the Nintendo Switch doesn’t have a global one, like other platforms). They even some extra ones, with over 48 of them to complete;
- Optimisations: faster loading times? Check. Smoother gameplay? Check. The developed optimised their customed game engine, and tweaked the entire campaign, with the result being rock solid performance and better game flow.
Here’s a trailer for RIVE: Ultimate Edition:
If you’ve never heard about RIVE before, here’s what the game is all about:
Pilot your spider tank as it runs, jumps and shoots its way through hordes of mechanical enemies on land, underwater, in zero gravity and even on a moving train. RIVE is a modern ode to classic shooters, pumping megapixels at a deliciously smooth 60 frames per second, even in 1080p mode!
- Hack and control your enemies
- Upgrade your special attacks, armor and loot magnet
- Quirky story featuring robot butlers, space loot and clean teeth
- Daily Challenges and infinite Battle Arenas
- Speedrun and Single-Credit modes
- Online leaderboards for all modes and missions
RIVE: Ultimate Edition (Switch – eShop) will be released on November 17th in Europe and North America, and later this year in Japan. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Two Tribes