Update: Deep Silver has confirmed that Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology would also be released in Europe, presumably at the same time as North America.
A few months ago, Atlus announced Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronoloy, a Nintendo 3DS “remake” of the Nintendo DS cult-classic. It’s releasing on June 29th in Japan (in less than a month!), but western fans will have to be pretty patient: Atlus announced today that while the game was indeed headed west, the release would not be before Early 2018 in North America (and Europe).
Unlike Atlus in Japan, Atlus USA rightly call this version an “expanded Nintendo 3DS” port of the original game. It features additional gameplay and story content, along with updated presentation, new ways to experience the adventure, and more. If you’ve already read our previous posts about the game, you know what to expect! This version will feature English voice acting (no dual-audio, it seems).
If not, check out the announcement trailer and keep reading!
Here’s the main features of Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology on Nintendo 3DS:
- An Enhanced Retelling of the Original – You’ll once again take the reins of Alistel operative Stocke as he unlocks the power of the White Chronicle relic and gains the ability to travel between two alternate timelines. With his new-found powers, Stocke will need to right the wrongs of the past in order to prevent the total annihilation of the world. This time though, things are a bit different. Redesigned character art, new character voice-overs, a brand-new opening animation by A-1 Pictures, new theme song, event illustrations, five new tracks from original composer Yoko Shimomura, and additional difficulty settings will enhance the experience in this fresh take of a beloved story.
- Exhilarating New Story Content– Stocke will now encounter a mysterious new character named Nemesia who will teach him more about his world’s history and unlock a third timeline to explore the ripple effect of some of his actions with episodic “what-if” scenarios. If you’re a Radiant Historia purist who simply wants to play through the original game’s story, we have you covered! Perfect Chronology offers two different modes: Append and Perfect. Append mode allows you to beat the original game before having the option to start a NewGame+ with the added content, while Perfect mode lets you play through the game with the inclusion of the third timeline from the beginning.
- A Classic That Can’t Be Missed – Even though there’s an abundance of expanded content to delve into, the heart and soul of Radiant Historia remains the same. If you missed out on the original game in 2011, the upcoming port is the perfect chance to play a modern classic. With an exciting positioning-based battle system, memorable characters, and thrilling time-travel mechanics, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology is an essential for JRPG fans.
Here’s some screenshots in English:
Next, here’s the latest character trailer for the Japanese version of the game:
And here’s some more screenshots from the Japanese version, illustrating the details featured in Famitsu magazine a few weeks ago:
Finally, Atlus has announced that the soundtrack album for Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology would be released on July 26th in Japan. It will include a total of 40 tracks (all composed by the one and only Yoko Shimomura), on two discs, and will cost 3 000 Yen + taxes. It’s the exact same album that’s included in the Perfect Edition of the game.
Here’s the tracklist:
- Rakka Ryuusui (vocals: Haruka Shimotsuki)
- RADIANT HISTORIA
- Kikai Shikake no Oukoku
- Senjou e
- Blue Radiance
- Hokori Takaku, Eien ni
- Sono Sakini Matsu Mirai e
- Yukaina Jikan
- Kouta no Mukou
- The Edge of Green
- Umi o Wataru Fuu
- Sajin ga Miseta Yume
- Tenseiseki no Nemuru Niwa
- Sekai o Tsunagu Shirabe
- Sora wa Aoku Takaku Doko made mo
- Kurayami ni Lau Kage
- The Red Locus
- Wildness and Toughness
- Kaze to Hane ga Kaeru Basho
- Semari kuru Kiki
- Togireta Jikan
- Sekai no Kioku
- An Earnest Desire of Grey
- Yasashii Jikan
- Kioku to Kiroku no Kakera
- The Colourless Moment
- -HISTORIA- （Vocals: Haruka Shimotsuki)
- Rakka Ryuusui (Instrumental ver.)
- -HISTORIA- (Instrumental ver.)
- Rakka Ryuusui (Arrange ver.)
- Umi o Wataru Fuu (Arrange ver.)
- RADIANT HISTORIA (Arrange ver.)
- Kikai Shikake no Oukoku (Arrange ver.)
- Kaze to Hane ga Kaeru Basho (Arrange ver.)
- Blue Radiance (Arrange ver.)
- -HISTORIA- (Arrange ver.)
- akka Ryuusui (Short ver.)
- -HISTORIA- (Short ver.)
Here’s the cover of the soundtrack album:
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS) comes out on June 29th in Japan, and Early 2018 in North America. The Upcoming Releases page has been updated!