Today’s Pokémon news: Shiny Pikachu now appearing in Pokémon GO worldwide, but also…
- Pokémon Sun and Moon – Battle Competition
- Pokémon Duel
During the Pikachu Outbreak event in Yokohama (Japan), Shiny Pikachu began appearinng in Pokémon GO. Unfortunately, this was limited to Japan, and there was no word on the special Pikachu appearing in other countries. But yesterday, it was announced that Shiny Pikachu (but also Shiny Pichu and Shiny Raichu) were now appearing all around the world: this is your chance to catch one!
No end date is specified for this “event”, but it’s likely Shiny Pikachu will only be available for a limited time. In other words: don’t wait too long, and go look for one as soon as possible!
Here’s what a Shiny Pikachu looks like:
Source: The Pokémon Company
Pokémon Sun and Moon – Battle Competition
Today, registration for the latest Battle Competition for Pokémon Sun and Moon went live. It’s called the No Holds Barred, and here’s everything you need to know about it:
- Format: Single Battles, 3 Pokémon per battle;
- Pokémon restrictions: National Pokédex No. 001 through 802 only (duplicate Pokémon allowed)
- Pokémon banned: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo, and Lunala,
- Item restrictions: none;
- Level: 1 to 100, but level upped to 100 during battles;
- Registration: August 17th to August 24th. Participant limit: TBC
- Battles: August 25th to August 27th, with a limit of 15 battles/player and /day;
- Results: announced sometime in September;
- Participation gift (must complete at least 3 battles): 50BP.
You can check out more details about the Battle Competition over at the Pokémon Global Link. If you want to train for this Battle Competition, you can get the rules from the Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Yesterday, a new event for Pokémon Duel went live: the Dragon Gym Cup, running until August 23rd. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
- Dragon-type Movement 1 and 2 figures = +1 Movement;
- Ice-type figures = +20 Attack (for each attack);
- Mega Salamence figure is available as a prize;
- Gym Boosters available, with the contents increasing with your winning streak. Said boosters have to be redeemed before August 30th;
- Trophies will be distributed to qualifying players after the event.