It’s been nearly a month since E3, and the last set of details and trailer for Pokémon Sword and Shield. With pre-orders for the game starting on Saturday (July 12th) in Japan, it was all but guaranteed that new details about the game would be revealed this week. And that’s precisely what happened: two new trailers are now available, along with a fresh batch of details!
First, let’s start with the latest English and Japanese trailers for the game:
The official website was also updated, with the following sections now live/updated:
- Gigantamaxing changes a Pokémon’s size and appearance!
- New Pokémon revealed
- Meet Leon, the strongest Trainer in the Galar region
- Version Exclusives
- The Galar Pokémon League provides entertainment that ignites the whole region!
- Strive to become the next Champion of the Galar region!
- Gym Leaders
Also, some bonuses were announced:
- if you buy the Double Pack, then you will get two codes for Dynamax Crystals. Those allow you to face Dynamax Larvitar and Dynamax Jangmo-o in special Max Raid Battles much earlier than usual. Also, those two Pokémon are only found in their respective version (see Version Exclusives link above for more details), but thanks to the code, you can encounter them in any version. In order to use the Dynamax Crystal, you need to reach the Wild Area (which occurs about 2 hours after starting the game). You can attempt Max Raid Battles as many times as you want, or until midnight on the day that the crystal was used.
- if you buy the digital version of the game before January 15th, you will get a Serial Code for 12 Quick Balls (code useable until November 30th).
Check out this page for the list of Serial Codes and Pokémon distributions for the game; it will be updated regularly as new Serial Codes and distributions are announced.
Pokémon Sword and Shield (Switch) comes out on November 15th worldwide.