Today, Nintendo announced that its 78th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders will take place on June 28th, at 10AM JST (3AM CEST, 2AM BST / June 11th 9PM ET, 6PM PT). At this pretty important event, shareholders will have to vote for various proposals, with the most important one being about the election and re-election of Directors.
The meeting will also be about the following:
- The Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 78th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018) and results of audits by the Accounting Auditor and the Audit and Supervisory Committee of the Consolidated Financial Statements
- Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Company’s 78th Fiscal Year (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018)
(Please check out this post for more details about the latest financial results).
Here’s the list of proposals for this 78th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders :
- Proposal No. 1: Distribution of Surplus [note: how the money made during the previous Fiscal Year) will be used
- Proposal No. 2: Election of Five Directors (excluding Directors who are Audit and Supervisory
- Proposal No. 3: Election of Four Directors who are Audit and Supervisory Committee Members
About Proposal No. 2 (the most important, by far), here’s the list of Directors to be elected or re-elected:
- Shigeru Miyamoto (Director / Representative Director / Fellow): re-election
- Shinya Takahashi (Director / General Manager, Entertainment Planning & Development Division / Supervisor of Business Development Division, Development Administration & Support Division / Managing Executive Officer): re-election
- Shuntaro Furukawa (General Manager, Corporate Planning Department / Director / Managing Executive Officer / Supervisor of Corporate Analysis & Administration Division / In charge of Global Marketing Department): re-election
- Ko Shiota (General Manager, Platform Technology Development Division / Director / Senior Executive Officer): re-election
- Satoru Shibata (President of Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Executive Officer, Outside Director of The Pokémon Company): election
As usual, it’s highly unlikely shareholders will vote against any of these people, but it will be interesting the approval rating for each one… especially Shuntaro Furukawa, who will become President of Nintendo on June 28th.
Finally, here’s the candidates for Proposal No. 3:
- Naoki Noguchi (Director (Full-Time Audit and Supervisory Committee Member): re-election
- Naoki Mizutani (Director (Audit and Supervisory Committee Member) of the Company): re-election as Outside Director Independent Officer
- Katsuhiro Umeyama (Representative Partner, Umeyama Certified Tax Accountant LLC / Outside Director (Audit and Supervisory
Committee Member), KURAUDIA HOLDINGS Co., Ltd. / Director (Audit and Supervisory Committee Member) of the Company): re-election as Outside Director Independent Officer
- Masao Yamazaki (Director, Masao Yamazaki Certified Tax Accountant Office): election as Outside Director Independent Officer
We will update this post with the results of the votes as soon as they’re available!