Yesterday, Legendary Games announced that they are bringing Mordheim: Warband Skirmish to the Nintendo Switch. It will be released next week in Europe and North America, and will cost 24.99€ / £19.99 / $24.99.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game features “accelerated graphics”, but also also four factions to play right from the start:
- Skaven (men who need Wyrdstone to thrive)
More factions will be added as DLC in future updates (however, it’s not clear whether that DLC will be free or not):
- Undead – Agents of the Vampire Counts, helping their bid to control the living
- Witch Hunters – Agents of the Grand Theologonist who will burn first and ask questions later
- Sisters of Sigmar – The only faction with remotely honourable intentions
- Cult of the Possessed – Men who have turned to the dark powers of salvation
Finally, here’s some more details for the game (along with a trailer and some pictures of the mobile version):
Players explore the ruins of the City of Mordheim, clash with other scavenging warbands and collect Wyrdstone – valuable shards from the comet that destroyed the city. The Switch version will include accelerated graphics and four factions to play from the start: Skaven – Skulking sinister rat men who need Wyrdstone to thrive and the three principle human mercenary protagonists Reiklanders, Middenheimers, Marienburgers each representing one of the factions pitted against each other in a brutal civil war over who should sit in the throne as Emperor.
- Tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences
- Recruit, customise and train your Warband
- A rich, powerful and immersive fantasy world
- Continuous planned updates, including extra content and map variations.
- “Graphic novel” art style with a grim undertone perfectly setting the scene of the harrowing city of Mordheim
Mordheim: Warband Skirmish (Switch – eShop) comes out on November 26th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Legendary Games PR