LEGO Worlds: Software updates (latest: Title Update 4)
In this post, you will find everything there is to know about the Software updates for LEGO Worlds on Nintendo Switch (originally released on September 5th 2017 in North America, September 8th 2017 in Europe, and November 22nd 2017 in Japan).
How to download updates for LEGO Worlds for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for LEGO Worlds manually, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press + or – to go to the options. The version number is displayed just below the game title.
Click here for more Software updates!
LEGO Worlds – Title Update 4
- Release date: December 3rd 2018 (North America) / December 4th 2018 (Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
No patch notes available.
- Additional details: unfortunately, no patch notes are available, so it’s not clear what was added and/or changed. All we know is that a new update is available!
- Source: TT Games
LEGO Worlds – Title Update 3
- Release date: October 27th (Europe, North America)
- Patch notes:
- UI Alterations – v4.0
- Added option to delete Custom Characters and Models
- Able to Bulk sell to trader
- Multiple Localisation Text Box overlaps
- Fixed instances where re-naming Builds would be blocked
- Added “Memory” to Brushes, so opening a tool remembers previous tool selection
- Adventure Worlds now load in Sandbox Mode correctly
- SWITCH: Draw Distance altered to show higher fidelity in mid-range
- Added Planner
- Added Wall Building
- Search Feature added to Discoveries
- Categories added to Discoveries.
- Added the Sky Spinner (Changes Time of Day).
- Game now loads into Galaxy Map without needing to reload Slot. Takes you to Galaxy Map
- Galaxy Map now has PUG-Z present
- Galaxy Map options hidden under sliding menu
- SPOOOOOKY PUG-Z
- Added new Quest Types
- Increased Light Source radius
- Classic Space Achievements added
- Monsters Achievements added
- Changed Up/Down to be consistent on all tools for Controllers
- Waypoint Markers updated
- Chests no longer appear underground on the Minimap
- New Landscape Tool shapes added
- Camera Car added
- Fixed multiple Online Multiplayer disconnection issues
- SWITCH – Frame Rate underwater improved
- All Tutorial Videos added to Options menu to rewatch.
- Tutorial Videos updated to include new Features and UI
- Gold Troublemaker
- Additional details about the new features:
The Planner Tool
Introducing the Planner, a tool designed to build a house rapidly and with ease! Use the various materials and pre-built wall types to get your new house/town/city underway! You can find the Planner Tool underneath the Build Tool sub-menu options.
Another update to the Build tool! Instead of just tapping the button to place it, you can now hold the placement button to draw in an entire wall.
Discoveries Grid changes
After many content updates, DLC and Showcase Content, we’ve come to the conclusion that the Discovery Menu is no longer fulfilling its purpose. As a result, we’ve now added a tabbed system to make it much cleaner to find what you’re looking for, including the addition of Categories to help narrow down exactly what you’re after. Oh, and to make things even simpler, we’ve added a search function so you can really narrow down the ever-expanding list of Discoveries. And check out the Silhouettes to the grids so you can see exactly how much you’re missing!
Additionally, you can now delete Custom Characters and Custom LXFMLs too! Sorry that took a while!
Ever dreamed of being a Movie Director? Perhaps a YouTube personality? Maybe you just love the idea of taking some lovely wallpaper worthy screenshots? Well we have the car for you! A vehicle that can be utilised by either one player or two, providing you with all you need to set some epic action sequences, or possibly re-create that documentary you watched.
We’ve slightly updated the waypoints. Instead of them scattering around everywhere, they’re much more localised to the area you operate in, and have clearer indications of exactly what they point to.
We’ve slightly tweaked the Galaxy Map again too! We put the options behind a slider (cleverly disguised as PUG-Z) and made it all just a little tidier. Also, instead of a white 2D rocket, a micro-build of PUG-Z flies around the planet you are now on. Much nicer.
New Landscape Tool shapes
We’ve added a few new shapes to the Landscape tools, to further improve just how you edit your Worlds! Press the ‘Shape’ button while you have a Landscape tool open to see all the new options you have at hand!
We’ve made an alteration to how the Copy Tool functions on Controller. You can still choose an exact size, but we’ve also added a nice and simple ‘Hold to expand’ option instead of opening up the box with multiple options.
- Additional details: this update replaces the old Home Menu icon.
- Source: TT Games (Steam)