More sales data from Japan, with the latest reports from Media Create and Dengeki!
Media Create (Week 17)
Today, Media Create published their weekly report on video game sales in Japan during Week 17, 2018. It reveals that total Software sales topped 558 000 units, which is 133.06% of Week 16 sales: a noticeable increase once again primarily due to the new releases. In fact, sales of those games account to 134.31% of their Week 16 sales: it’s the second week in a row with such an increase.
Source: Media Create
Dengeki (Week 17, April 2018)
Dengeki report about 15 000 units sold for SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, and about 26 000 units sold for the Variety Kit (over 114 000 units since launch). They note that sales have been rather sluggish so far, but they hope that it will keep on selling, so that the market as a whole can be revitalised with this new kind of product.
April wasn’t the best of month for the Japanese market, as both Hardware and Software sales are down:
- Hardware: 250 000 units (-39.2%) / 7.3 billion Yen (-35.5%)
- Software: 1 580 000 units (-16.3%) / 10.4 billion Yen (-3.7%)
- Total: 17.7 billion Yen (-18.8%)
Here’s the Top 5 Software for April:
- [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 (Konami) – 132 000 units
- [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit (Nintendo) – 115 000 units
- [NSW] Kirby Star Allies (Nintendo) – 97 000 units
- [PS4] God of War (Sony) – 74 000 units
- [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 (Konami) – 71 000 units
Next, here’s Software sales for each platform:
|Platforms||This week||This week (%)||Fiscal Year||Fiscal Year (%)|
And here’s Hardware sales:
|Platforms||This week||This week (%)||Fiscal Year||Fiscal Year|
Finally, here’s the Top 50 Software: coming soon!
Top 50 data compiled by ZSaberLink (ResetEra)
Click here for more Japanese sales data!