Today’s Indie news:
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
- Hover: Revolt of Gamers
- SDK Paint
- Chasing Dead
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Yesterday, Jool Watshams announced that 3 of the 4 SKUs for Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Wii U / 3DS) had passed lotcheck at Nintendo: only one left!
Third SKU for Mutant Mudds Super Challenge has been approved. Waiting on just one before we're GOLD! EXCITEMENT!! pic.twitter.com/rsSW3XdBtM
— Jools Watsham (@JoolsWatsham) March 1, 2016
Hover: Revolt of Gamers
Yesterday, the developers of Hover: Revolt of Gamers posted another Kickstarter update, detailing some of the content they have been working on:
- New character: Liff
- New special stages: Sewers, Grind
- Soundtrack sample
- New Graffiti system
Hover: Revolt of Gamers will be released on Wii U.
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
A couple of days ago, Daniel Gump from Hullbreach Studio posted a message on Miiverse, announcing that the next update for SDK Paint (on Wii U) was almost complete (they only have a little bit of additional content to add, and then it’s testing time). They explain that it will most likely be the last update for the game.
Here’s a tentative list of additions/changes for the update:
- New Slideshows feature – View your art in a variety of animations with selected accompanying music (shown in the attached YouTube video), some included and some add-on content
- Online sharing – Export art online for viewing in a Web browser and importing into other games as custom textures
- Miiverse stamps
- Updated galleries – 720P with auto-focus depth-of-field effect
- Updated menus – All redesigned for 720P
- Fix to the opacity bug when using undo/redo
- Controls tutorial for Galleries
- Load existing art from within the Painting screen
- Menus remember the last highlighted selection
- Additional Stencils
Here’s a video showcasing the slideshows:
Here’s some gameplay footage for Chasing Dead, which is coming out on Thursday in Europe and North America (on Wii U):