Last month, Nintendo announced that the Japanese equivalent of the Nintendo Selects would launch on March 17th. On that day, 12 games will be available at a lower price: 2 700 Yen (2 916 Yen with taxes), which is significantly cheaper than the regular price, and also apply to the Nintendo eShop. Nintendo’s goal is to encourage the new female players (among others) to buy more games for their new handheld.
Today, Nintendo uploaded a promotional video for the Happy Price Selection range, showcasing each of the 12 titles:
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
Here’s the list of games for the first batch of the Happy Price Selection range:
- Tobidase Doubtsu no Mori / Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu / Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: French Bulldog & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Nintendogs+cats: Shiba Inu & New Friends (Nintendo)
- Dora Eigo: Nobita to Yousei no Fushigi Collection (Shogakukan)
- Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu (Nippon Columbia)
- Kuma ・ Tomo (Bandai-Namco)
- Gotouji Tetsudou ~ Gotoji Chara to Nippon Zenkoku no Tabi~ (Bandai-Namco)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigina Orb (Bandai-Namco)
- Bokujou Monogatari: Hajimari no Daichi / Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Marvelous)
If you’re interested in the boxart for these titles, click here! If you live in North America, the next batch of Nintendo Select titles (including Wii U, Wii, and Nintendo 3DS titles) will be launched on March 11th!