Today’s Indie news:
- Temple of Yog
- U Host
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Last week, 13AM Games released an update for Runbow, bringing the game to Ver. 1.1.0. Today, the developers finally posted the full changelog for the update on their official Tumblr page:
- [External Hard Drive] The frame stuttering issues that appeared when
playing Runbow on some external hard drives have been fixed with many hard drives.
- [Online] Some (or all) of the game freeze cases in the Character Select Screen should be fixed.
- [Online] The minimum amount of player for starting an online game in any mode is now just 2, instead of 3 or 4.
- [Online] Players now spawn in an order based on their score, same as in
- [Run/Colourmaster] The bounce sound was removed from falling to the tracks “Train Hard”.
- [Adventure] Some of the lasers didn’t kill the players. They’ve been fixed.
- [Records] In the Gallery, the “Highway Robbery” and “Safari So Good” Records now appear as unlocked as soon as you get them, instead of later; and the “Yarr the Man Now!” and “No Bones About It” Records now appear as unlock when you unlock them, as previously they always appeared as locked.[Records] The “Curator” Record was incorrectly set to only be achieved when an unachiavable amount of art has been unlocked in the Gallery. This has been fixed.[Records] You don’t get the “Everyone gets…” Record anymore when someone else gets the title when playing online.[Records] A bug where score-based Records (such as Shut-out and Be aggresive) wouldn’t be unlocked properly in rare cases has been fixed.
- [Localization] Japanese has been added as a selectable language!
- [Localization] Names of players with Japanese characters in their names are now shown properly.
- [Localization] The quotes in the autosave message at the beginning of the game have been corrected in French.
- [???] The main menu layout has been changed for some mysterious reason…
What’s that mysterious change for the main menu layout? It looks like the developers have some surprises up their sleeves, and it remains to be seen when it will all be revealed!
Temple of Yog
Yesterday, Cody Diefenthaler (from Chuchud Industries) announced on Twitter that the update for Temple of Yog will be released on Thursday in North America. It will bring the game to Ver. 1.1, and comes with both bug fixes and new content: you can find all the details on this page! It was released in Europe earlier this month.
Yesterday, Bear Box Media uploaded a trailer for U Host, a party game in which you play as the host of a game show. Here it is:
U Host will be released on March 3rd in Europe, and March in North America.
Shutshimi already came out in North America, but European fans will have to wait a little bit longer before being able to play this unique shoot ’em up. Yesterday, during an AMA session on Reddit, the developers explained that the game now has its ratings, and as soon as they’re done with a couple of minor test and fixes, it will be sent to Nintendo for certification:
Well, I have good(-ish) news for you! We recently received our ratings for the EU region. We have a couple minor tests and fixes to prepare, but hopefully it’ll be soon! We can’t give exact dates due to how unpredictable the certification process is, but I would hope for it to ready in a couple of months. Maybe more, but maybe less!
We haven’t forgotten our EU friends! It’s just a bit more work, that’s all!
The EU situation in terms of pricing is more in our publisher’s hands at the moment, so we don’t have much in the way of details on that right now. We’ll try to get it out as soon as we have them though.
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Today, Jools Watsham announced on Twitter than 1 of the 4 SKUs for Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Wii U, 3DS, Europe, and North America) has passed certification, with three left to go!
It's a little crazy waiting on the approval of 4 skus for MMSC (3DS/Wii U NA/EU). One has been approved! 3 to go! :) pic.twitter.com/YuakJsssT1
— Jools Watsham (@JoolsWatsham) February 17, 2016