Last week, Goblinz Studio announced and showcased no less than 5 games for the Nintendo Switch. Check out this post for trailers, details, list of key features, and screenshots! Unfortunately, not a single one of the games has a release date yet…
Here’s the list of games announced/showcased:
- Sandwalkers (developed by Goblinz Studio)
Developed and published by Goblinz Studio, Sandwalkers is a roguelike turn-based exploration game. Players will assemble and guide their caravan of adventurers through ever-changing landscapes and hostile meteorological chaos. Only by facing countless dangers, can they reclaim the lands left to the mercy of monsters and pirates, and establish a new refuge city for their people.
Every decade, the Mka tribe sends caravans of adventurers into the Phithi, the meteorological chaos that keeps the Uwando tribes isolated from each other and makes life outside the refuges almost impossible.
Their mission: to establish diplomatic and trade relations, to explore and reclaim the lands left to the mercy of monsters and pirates, and, most importantly, to plant a new tree city that can become a refuge for the Mka and their allies. Regardless of the success or failure of their mission, the caravans must send the memories they have gained back to the capital, using the crystospheres carried by traveling beetles.
- Guide a caravan of adventurers through ever-changing landscapes.
- Fight and survive in the face of acid rain, sandstorms and heat waves.
- Tame hostile creatures, rescue refugees, seek allies for mutual aid, or follow the blood path and loot everything you can.
- Seek rich arable soil to plant a new tree city for your people.
- Progress by passing on your knowledge to a new caravan.
- Repair the broken climate, and put an end to centuries of wandering.
- Make choices that will affect your future expeditions.
- Each character has a different job that greatly influences the gameplay. It’s up to you to explore mythical ruins as an Archeologist, or track down huge beasts as a Hunter.
- Don’t underestimate the weather! It influences the movements of the characters and the outcomes of confrontations.
- Oaken (developed by Laki Studio)
Developed by Laki Studio, Oaken is a turn-based roguelike which focuses on deck management and highly tactical battles with 3D figurines on a hexagonal grid. Players will explore a mystical world inhabited by spirits and collect and upgrade powerful skills, artifacts, and allies, in order to restore the Oak’s Song. The journey is different every time, with tons of levels, cards, and events to be discovered.
The world of Oaken is a mythical place, existing in a not easily defined space and time. It is stretched among the branches of the Great Oak. Its inhabitants are spirits which listen to the same voice, called the Oak Song. The loss of that voice strats a series of events leading into a struggle which may either heal or destroy the Great Oak.
- Roguelike, hero-oriented campaign, with deck management and 3D figurines.
- A mystical world inhabited by spirits with celtic and tribal vibes.
- A randomly generated world map with tons of levels, bosses and events to be discovered.
- Unique, highly tactical battles on a hexagonal grid, where position and rotation is everything.
- Upgrade your spells and spirits the way you want.
- Easy to learn, hard to master – chill and challenge modes suitable for any player.
- Diluvian Winds (developed by Alambik Studio)
From developer Alambik Studio, Diluvian Winds is a 2D narrative management game in semi-real time, in which humanity is being exiled due to the rising waters. The player takes the role of the Guardian who, refusing to leave his lighthouse, watches the mass exodus unfold. In order to survive, players will have to choose whether or not to take in travelers who need their help.
Diluvian is a 2D management/adventure game seen from the side in semi-real time, in a context of exile due to the rising waters. The player embodies the Guardian, an individual who, refusing to leave his lighthouse, will witness this mass exodus.
Expand your Community by Floating, Flying or even Submerging. Each Lodged Refugee will make changes of varying magnitude around the Lighthouse, making it more resilient to the gradually rising waters.
Enter a poetic universe combining Sail Punk architecture and Anthropomorphism. In order to survive, the Keeper will have to choose whether or not to house nearby Travelers in need of help.
Experience countless stories with procedurally generated events and characters. Different Survival Paths will be open to the Keeper to adapt his Lighthouse to withstand the flood.
- Terraformers (developed by Asteroid Lab)
Developed by Asteroid Lab, Terraformers is an expansive colony builder and resource management game. Players will explore the Red Planet, develop spectacular cities, spread life, and terraform the planet with ambitious projects. The developers hope their game will help inspire humankind to take its first steps out of the cradle and become an interplanetary species.
- Explore the Red Planet. Send your leaders to mysterious locations and be the first to discover rich resource depots, giant crystal caves and stunning natural wonders.
- Develop your cities. Found new cities on craters and in lava Tubes. Make them thrive and meet your population’s rising demands.
- Manage your resources. Mine the rare metals of Mars, manufacture them into advanced goods and set up an effective transport system between your ever-growing cities.
- Terraform with ambitious projects. Restart a volcano, construct giant space mirrors or crash ice asteroids to geo-engineer the entire planet.
- Become a gardener of life. From spreading adaptive bacteria, to planting full-grown forests with bears. Each life form has specific requirements and provides strategic benefits.
- Defend the Rook (developed by One Up Plus)
From developers One Up Plus, Defend the Rook features roguelike tactical board combat combined with tower defense elements. Players must defeat the invading hordes to stay alive and save the land. The game has an expanded range of tactical hero battles, with the added challenge of building towers and fighting off waves of enemies.
A roguelike tactics board combat combined with tower defense elements. Defeat the invading hordes to stay alive and save the land! Deploy your heroes to outsmart the enemy! Enjoy more tactics than your average TD game, whilst fighting through waves of enemies. Turn the tables on the invaders with the aid of devastating spells! Overcome the odds and outsmart the enemy.
Build and upgrade your towers to survive the onslaught! To survive you’ll need to utilize more than just your heroes wit and prowess! Careful placement of towers and upgrades will be necessary to ensure victory.
Place traps and barricades to defend your castle! Use these wisely to funnel and confuse the invaders. Wreak havoc amongst their ranks and break up their carefully manicured ranks!
Become a champion to save the kingdom! Do you have what it takes to save the land? Jump right in and enjoy a set of procedurally generated roguelike battles like no other! Every battle fought is unique.
Source: Goblinz Studio PR