Today, on the first day of gamescom 2017, Nintendo made a couple of announcements for ARMS. First of all, a brand new character was revealed (the one that was being teased on the official Twitter account): Lola Pop. She’s a really unique fighter, as you can see for yourself in the trailer below!
Here’s said trailer:
As you can see, Lola Pop can increase in size, when she’s using the shield. She comes with a new stage, but also three new ARMS
- nunchuk-like ARMS
- a unique ARM that puts stamp marks on the screen when you’re hit, blocking your view
- a shield-like ARMS that allows you to reflect attacks
Lola Pop will be available next month, alongside the latest update: Ver. 3.0.0. Unfortunately, we don’t know everything that will be added and changed with this update, but no doubt Nintendo will share more details in the upcoming days. In any case, the official patch notes will be added to this post when available!
Here’s some screenshots and gameplay footage for Lola Pop and her stage (called Via Dolce):
If you haven’t had the opportunity to try out ARMS yet, you will be able to this week-end thanks to the ARMS Global Testpunch demo. You first need to download it from the Nintendo eShop, and then go online to play between August 25th and August 27th:
- Europe: August 25th (5PM) to August 27th (10PM)
- UK: August 25th (4PM) to August 27th (9PM)
- North America (EST): August 25th (11AM) to August 27th (4PM)
- North America (PST): August 25th (8AM) to August 27th (1PM)
- Japan: August 26th (12AM) to August 28th (5AM)
Source: Nintendo PR