Fortnite (Switch): Software updates (latest: Ver. 4.4.2)
On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch (originally released on June 12th 2018 in Europe and North America, and June 13th 2018 in Japan)
How to download updates for Fortnite for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game’s icon in the Home Menu and press – or + to get to the options screen. The version number is displayed below the title. Alternatively, you can launch the game: the Version number is displayed at the top center of the screen.
NB: the version number with just numbers is the one displayed on the Options page, the one with letters is the one displayed in-game. It’s the same version.
Fortnite – Ver. 4.4.2 / Ver. 4.4.x (4132537)
- Release date: June 19th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Maintenance: Yes (more details)
- Patch notes:
Limited Time Mode: Final Fight: Teams of 20
- Survive the countdown! The Storm Circles give players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer; when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins. In this LTM, teams can tie for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
Weapons + Items
- Stink Bomb added.
- Creates a stinky cloud that deals 5 damage every half-second within the cloud.
- 9-second duration.
- Epic rarity.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Vending Machines.
- Loot in stacks of 3 with a maximum stack of 5.
- Increased the reload time of the Rocket Launcher based on rarity.Rare from 2.3 seconds to 2.8.
- Epic from 2.185 seconds to 2.66.
- Legendary from 2.07 to 2.52.
- The maximum number of unloaded Rocket Ammo that can be held has been changed to 12.
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Back Bling no longer appears detached from players at a distance.
- Fixed the two intersecting busses on the starting island.
- Fixed performance issues on Switch related to frequently called time functions during gameplay (especially when skydiving).
- Level streaming optimization to smooth out some hitches during skydiving on Switch.
- The music for the Fresh emote has been re-added.
- Fixed attenuation of Supply Drop opening sound so it doesn’t sound like it’s right next to players even if it’s opened far away.
- The Clinger explosion sound now plays properly if detonated directly next to you on iOS/Switch platforms.
- Added the “Net Debug Stats” HUD UI option for Xbox.
- Fixed a crash that could happen after buying items in the Item Shop.
- When using styleable outfits, your last saved version will always appear in the locker preview.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
- Fixed an issue which could block progression where the Chrome Husky would no longer spawn if the Magnets! quest was completed. Players who were blocked will now be unblocked with this fix.
- New Constructor Demolitionist: 8-Bit Demo added to the Event Store. Available Wednesday, June 20 at 5PM PT / 8pm ET – June 21st at 1AM BST / 2AM CEST / 9AM JST
- Additional notes: this is a Content Update
- Source: Epic Games
Fortnite – Ver. 4.4.1 / Ver. 4.4.Erebus (4124983)
- Release date: June 14th 2018 (Europe, North America, Japan)
- Patch notes:
- Shopping Carts re-enabled.
- Pro-Am matches available to view in BR clients.
- Player Reporting in StW.
- Additional notes: none.
- Source: official Twitter account