Another month has come and gone, which means it’s now time to take a look at what’s coming to Fire Emblem Heroes via the next Software update (Ver. 2.7.0). This time again, there’s some pretty juicy features and content, including Tactics Drills, new quest progression display, new weapon skills, and more!
The update will be released in early July (on July 8th/9th depending on your timezone), following the usual server maintenance. You will find more details about said maintenance on this page, such as the time in your timezone.
Here’s a quick rundown of the main features of this new Software update:
- Tactics Drills are being added
- New weapon skills and new weapons to refine are being added
- The way quest progression and completion is displayed is being changed
Fire Emblem Heroes – Tactics Drills
Tactics Drills is a new feature that will help you learn the rules of Fire Emblem Heroes by actually playing the game, instead of just reading a bunch of text. In this mode, you have to test your strategy by tackling a series of challenges with a fixed set of Heroes, and a fixed number of turns.
By the way, both yours and the enemy’s turns are counted as individual phases, so if a map specifies you have to clear it within 3 turns, that means your turn, the enemy’s turn, and your second turn.
Tactics Drills have 3 difficulty levels, and as usual, you get various rewards the first time your clear a map on each one (including Orbs, Hero Feathers, and more):
- Basics: teaches you the very basics of combat, perfect for beginners;
- Skill Studies: teaches you about using various skills;
- Grandmaster: maps meant for advanced players. Unlike the other two difficulty levels, this one is only unlocked after you’ve cleared Book I, Chapter 13 of the main story.
New maps to either Skill Studies or Grandmaster will be added every week, on Thursday.
Fire Emblem Heroes – Weapons Skills and the Weapon Refinery
What would be a Fire Emblem Heroes update without a new set of Weapons Skills and weapons to upgrade at the Weapon Refinery?
Here’s the new Weapon Skills being added:
- Reese’s Tome (Katarina: Wayward One)
- Dauntless Lance (Nephenee: Fierce Halberdier)
- Draconic Poleax (Titania: Mighty Mercenary)
As usual, they require the Hero to be at 5 ★, and you need SP to learn them. They can also be upgraded after they’ve been learned.
Next, we have just one, lone Weapon Skill that will be upgradeable with Arena Medals and Divine Dew at the Weapon Refinery:
- Mystletainn > Dark Mystletainn (Eldigan: Lionheart)
A quick reminder: you first need to clear Book I, Chapter 13 and The Rite of Blades (second intermission map) to unlock the Weapon Refinery… but if you’re reading this, you probably already know it.
Fire Emblem Heroes – Quest Progression Display
Tired of tapping the screen again and again and again and again and again when you complete a map, and have to go through all the quest progression / completion screens? Well, this will soon be a thing of the past, as Ver. 2.7.0 will introduce a new Quest Progression Display. Basically, instead of a series of screens you have to work your way through, every single quest update will now be displayed in a single screen!
Fire Emblem Heroes – Other Improvements
And of course, Ver. 2.7.0 of Fire Emblem Heroes will also bring a slew of improvements:
- On the map selection screen, the screen will automatically scroll to the newly added maps;
- Battle BGM is being added to the Settings menu, so background music that plays during battle scenes can be toggled on or off, or it can be set to play only special background music;
- Event Recap is being added to the Miscellaneous menu. This feature can be used to review conversations from past events.
- A Restart option is being added to the menus of Grand Hero Battles, Tactics Drills, and other maps that can be used without using any stamina.
Source: Fire Emblem Heroes