eShop news (June 8): Neon Abyss / Alwa’s Legacy
Today’s Nintendo eShop news: release date for Neon Abyss, but also…
- Alwa’s Legacy
Team17 have announced that Neon Abyss will be released on July 14th.
Here’s the latest trailer, some more details, and the list of key features:
Never heard of Neon Abyss? Well – it’s a frantic roguelike that lets you run and gun your way through an ever evolving dungeon! Descend into the abyss, blast your way through monsters, upgrade your weapons and battle the new gods that inhabit boss rooms! Each death is simply a step forward as you unlock more items, mini game rooms, characters and even extend the length of your dungeon runs!
Following the orders of Hades himself, players will have to work through rooms filled with enemies to dispatch and mini-puzzles to overcome, in a bid to overthrow the Gods of Fast Food, Mobile Video, Plushies, and more. Featuring hundreds of items to collect and pets to hatch and evolve, when the inevitable occurs and players fall to defeat they will come back stronger and more prepared than ever before to once again face what awaits in the Abyss.
- Equip yourself with outrageous weaponry that can be customised with powerful perks and countless combinations.
- Take on challenging, fun or even relaxing mini-games to earn sweet loot!
- Battle the new gods that inhabit the abyss and earn tokens to unlock new items, characters, rooms and more!
- Collect and hatch eggs for powerful pet followers that can help you in the dungeons!
- Evolving Dungeon: Explore the unique and expandable underworld of the neon abyss. Choose a personalised upgrade path to expand the dungeon and unlock new rooms, bosses, items, special rules, and new endings.
- Unlimited Item Synergies: Passive effects between items stack and affect each other, with no limit to the number of effects that can be applied to the player’s character.
- Expansive Content: Dynamically generated maps, over 400 items, dozens of monsters with different styles, and countless secrets ensure that no adventure through the abyss is the same.
- Pets Hatching & Evolving: As you descend into the abyss, find and nurture eggs until they hatch into a random pet. Each pet has a special ability and most can evolve as the action continues.
- Mini-games: Unique rooms of mini-games can be discovered in the dungeon, each one with new mechanics and rules. Take part in piano performances, dance competitions, fight clubs, and much more.
Neon Abyss (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 14th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Team17 / Team17 PR
Here’s the latest trailer and the latest set of details for Alwa’s Legacy:
After saving the land of Alwa following the events of the first game, Zoe is about to embark on her quest home. However, upon waking up she finds herself at the beginning of her adventure with the world feeling disparate yet familiar. In order to return home, she will need to help the inhabitants of this mysterious land and save it yet again from the mysterious curse it appears to be under.
Using Zoe’s magic staff, players must negotiate the land of Alwa to solve perilous puzzles and fend off monsters. New items and a character upgrade system allows you to craft your individual playstyle, centred on an offensive, defensive or explorative skillset. Using magical upgrades, novel pathways can be found as you explore the nonlinear interconnected world by summoning blocks to climb on, bubbles to bounce off of, and lightning bolts to attack with. Quick reflexes are needed to traverse challenging rooms while avoiding booby traps and pitfalls. Along this adventure, you will meet all manner of interesting characters, comb through dangerous dungeons, and uncover incredible secrets as you attempt to save the land from extinction.
Alwa’s Legacy honours the past with it’s thoroughly contemporary take on the metroidvania genre – full of puzzles to solve, dungeons to explore, magical items to acquire and ancient secrets to discover. Varnished with it’s 16-bit inspired visuals, mixing classical pixel art aesthetics with new visual flourishes such as a realistic lighting system and modern game design principles, Alwa’s Legacy offers a timeless play experience.
Alwa’s Legacy (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Elden Pixels PR
Ratalaika Games have announced that Spacejacked will be released this Friday (June 12th) in Europe and North America.
Here’s one, lone screenshot for the game:
Spacejacked (Switch – eShop) comes out on June 12th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Ratalaika Games (Twitter)