Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Arcade Archives Sky Skipper releasing this week, but also…
- 7 Billion Humans
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- ACA NeoGeo League of Bowling
- Arcade Archives City Connection
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
- Flipping Death
- Redeemer: Enhanced Edition
Arcade Archives Sky Skipper
At E3 2018, Nintendo made a completely unexpected announcement: the original North American version of Sky Skipper will be released for the very first time, on the Nintendo eShop of the Nintendo Switch (as part of the Arcade Archives). Today, Hamster has announced that it will be available on Friday worldwide.
Here’s some screenshots:
Arcade Archives Sky Skipper (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 20th worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
7 Billion Humans
Yesterday, Tomorrow Corporation shared an update on 7 Billion Humans. Right now, the team is busy optimising the game for Nintendo Switch, which is said to be “running great”.The team is also make various tweaks based on (PC) beta players’ stress testing.
They’re also translating the game into 12 languages, which is quite the task… especially compared to Human Resource Machine, which had 3 times less words (13 249 words vs 4 970 words).
And of course, there’s the second soundtrack sample (“Long Term Storage”):
Speaking of the soundtrack, it’s now complete, and will in fact be released alongside the game (instead of several months later for the previous games).
7 Billion Humans (Switch) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.
Source: Tomorrow Corporation
South Park: The Stick of Truth
According to the press release for Ubisoft’s Q1 2018-19, another South Park game is headed to the Nintendo Switch pretty soon… this quarter in fact! Of course, the game is none other than South Park: The Stick of Truth, which is unfortunately going to be a digital-only release on Nintendo Switch… No price yet, but no doubt an announcement will be made soon!
Speaking of South Park, the latest DLC for South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Bring the Crunch, is also slated for Q2 release (before October).
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
ACA NeoGeo League of Bowling
Here’s some screenshots for League of Bowling, the latest ACA NeoGeo release on Nintendo Switch:
ACA NeoGeo League of Bowling (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 19th worldwide.
Arcade Archives City Connection
Here’s some screenshots for City Connection, the latest Arcade Archives release on Nintendo Switch:
Arcade Archives City Connection (Switch – eShop) comes out on July 19th worldwide.
1979 Revolution: Black Friday
Yesterday, Digerati shared more details about the Nintendo Switch release of 1979 Revolution: Black Friday. The game will launch on August 2nd in Europe and North America, and pre-orders are now live in Europe (they’ve been live since last week in North America). There’s a 20% off pre-order discount offered, if you’re interested!
Here’s details about the game itself:
Based on true stories and historical events, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an interactive drama about choice and consequence, chaos and order.
The year is 1978, the place is Tehran, Iran. You play as Reza Shirazi, a young photojournalist who returns home to find his people protesting the ruling King, the Shah. Armed with your camera, you capture the emotionally-charged stories and events unfolding on the streets and in the shadows.
As you’re pulled deeper into the dangerous world of civil unrest and revolution, the fate of those around you becomes intrinsically linked to the decisions you make and the path you choose to follow.
- Critical Choices: The choices you make will shape your experience in the revolution, and the fates of those around you – both in the present and the future.
- Cinematic Experience: Branching cinematic story told through motion captured animation and voice over performances. Discover the rarely seen world of Tehran in the 1970s, through a striking visual style.
- Exploration: Explore the world of the collapsing city under martial law: covert headquarters, rioting protests, bustling city streets and more.
- Photography: Take photos of the period accurate in-game world and compare them to the original archival photos captured by celebrated photojournalists.
- Unique Gameplay: Including urban triage, interactive action scenes and photo processing.
- Key Collectables: Discover and unlock more than 80+ unique stories that color and enhance your experience of the Iranian
- Revolution, including primary sources such as archival videos, home movies, graffiti, photographs and more.
- Based on True Events: Based on real first-hand testimonies of freedom fighters, witnesses and casualties of the revolution which helped define the 21st century, as well as those who were imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison.
1979 Revolution: Black Friday (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 2nd in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Digerati and iNK Stories PR
Here’s a screenshot for Flipping Death, that shows a certain Doctor Brom from Stick It To The Man:
Flipping Death (Switch – eShop) doesn’t have a release date yet.
Source: Zoink Games (Twitter)
Here’s the latest video clip for Wandersong:
SOAR WITH THE BIRDS
YOU CAN DO ANYTHING pic.twitter.com/1XWhvVuZ2p
— Greg "Wandersong is OUT NOW" Lobanov (@theBanov) July 17, 2018
Wandersong (Switch – eShop) comes out later this year in Europe and North America.
Here’s the launch trailer for Mugsters, now available in Europe and North America:
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition
Yesterday, BUKA Entertainment and Sobaka Studio announced that Redeemer: Enhanced Edition will be released on Nintendo Switch in August. This version of the game features local co-op, character classes (Monk and Soldier), as well as other tweaks like game balance improvements in some levels. It will cost $24.99.
Here’s a trailer and some details about the game:
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition is an intense modern take on the brawler genre where you will punch, hack, and blast your way through enemies using fists, hammers, fire arms, and the environment itself. Vasily, once an elite operative working for the biggest Cybernetic Weapon Manufacturer in the world, narrowly escaped to a secluded monastery when the corporation wanted to make him one of its cyborg soldiers. For 20 years he tried to find peace and harmony amongst fellow monks until the corporation eventually found his trace and is now closing in on Vasily’s location. In so doing, they have given him one last shot at redemption.
- Intense Top Down Action: Take out enemies in every way possible!
- Brutal Hand-to-Hand Combat: Collection of brutal fighting moves, combos, charge and jump attacks.
- Character class selection: Choose whether Vasily is a monk or a soldier, depending on your preferred combat style.
- Unique Kill System: Use your surroundings to stealthy eliminate your enemies.
- Parry System: Block the hits and learn enemy movements and attack patterns to create a ballet of death for them.
- Disarm-or-Dismember System: Disarm your foes and use their limbs as melee weapons.
- Story Driven Single-Player: Discover Vasily’s haunted past and experience a narrative journey of betrayal and redemption.
- Arena Mode: Practice and test your fighting skills by battling countless enemies in a horde-like arena mode.
- Cooperative game mode for two players. Walk through the game alongside your friend and may your gamepads be the ultimate weapons of retribution!
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out in August in North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: BUKA Entertainment and Sobaka Studio PR