Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Glider Redeploy coming back to Fortnite, but also…
- Away: Journey to the Unexpected
A few weeks ago, Epic Games added a new mechanic to Fortnite: Glider Redeploy. Since player feedback was pretty split, it was ultimately removed, but it’s coming back with the Ver. 7.20 update for the game.
The developers explain that the goal of this mechanic is to provide mobility and utility, but asl make sure it can be balanced and modified. It’s for this reason that they decided to implement it as an item, so that they can iterate on various levels: height, speed, drop chance, charge count, inventory slot tension, and more.
Here’s how it will work in Ver. 7.20:
– The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
– Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item. Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.
– Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.
– The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.
You can find more details about the various Software updates for Fortnite on this page!
Away: Journey to the Unexpected
Here’s the latest video for Away: Journey to the Unexpected, with nearly 10 minutes of gameplay:
Here’s the latest video clip for Pikuniku:
Pikuniku (Switch – eShop) comes out on January 24th in worldwide.