Today’s Nintendo eShop news: PAKO Caravan announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- RetroMania Wrestling
- Raji: An Ancient Epic
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Game Trial, Japan)
- Coral Island
- Phantom Breaker: Omnia
Tree Men Games have announced their first game for the Nintendo Switch: PAKO Caravan, releasing on March 2nd in Europe and North America. It will cost 6.99€/ $7.99.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
With everything going on in the world right now, we were inspired to create something light-hearted, playful, and fun. Ever wondered how many trailers you can add to your car without crashing?!
Pako Caravan is a mix of elements from the original Pako games and tried-and-true, classic snake games. You collect trailers to grow your caravan ever longer, as you try not to crash into yourself or anything else that might pop up in each stage. Additionally, things like jump mechanics, lawn mowing, and tons of other little twists add variety to the gameplay level by level.
The game suits players of all kinds. It offers the instant fun of making your caravan as long as possible, but it is equally exciting and challenging for players who want to sink more time into it.
- Fill the levels with your ever growing caravan!
- 15 levels in various not very realistic locations
- Cool cars, hundreds of trailers and special tricks in every level
- 150 tasks to complete
- Easy controls but hard to master!
PAKO Caravan (Switch – eShop) comes out on March 2nd in Europe and North America.
Source: Tree Men Games PR / Nintendo
RetroSoft have announced that RetroMania Wrestling has been delayed to an unspecified date on consoles (including Nintendo Switch) due to a very simple reason: the game has not passed lotcheck and been approved for release yet. No new release date yet, but the developers expect the game to be ready for release within two weeks after the original date.
RetroMania Wrestling (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Retrosoft Studios (Twitter)
Raji: An Ancient Epic
Starting today, a demo version for Raji: An Ancient Epic is available for download in Europe and North America.
The demo features core mechanics of the game, including dynamic arena-based combat, traversing the ruins of the great temple with precise acrobatic movement as well as hand-painted murals that tell the story of Ancient Indian Gods.
Source: Super.com PR
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Game Trial, Japan)
Nintendo have announced that the latest Game Trial for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers in Japan is SteamWorld Dig 2. Here’s all the details:
- Game Trial: March 1st to March 7th
- Sales: March 1st to March 14th
- SteamWorld Dig 2: 1 400 Yen (instead of 2 000 Yen
- SteamWorld Dig: 700 Yen (instead of 1 000 Yen)
- SteamWorld Heist: 1 400 Yen (instead of 2 000 Yen)
- SteamWorld Quest: 1 750 Yen (instead of 2 500 Yen)
As usual, the Game Trial version is already available for download for players who want to start playing right away.
Here’s a promo video:
The Kickstarter campaign for Coral Island is still going and has proved extremely successful so far with $1 035 430 pledged as of writing. Here’s where the campaign stands regarding Stretchgoals:
- $125 000: Mini Games. We’ll add a bunch of minigames throughout the island, so you’ll have more things to do. [reached]
- $175 000: Bug Catching. Bug catching will be added as a game mechanic. The good kind of bug! [reached]
- $200 000: Expanded Museum. The museum will now include an aquarium and indoor park to display your bugs! [reached]
- $250 000: NPC Seasonal Outfits. All NPC will have different outfits for Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Applies to both portraits and in-game models. [reached]
- $300 000: Console & Switch Port. All Backers will be able to choose between Steam, Consoles, or Switch key! [reached]
- $350 000: Merfolk Underwater Village. Expanding the underwater map. Explore and stumble upon Merfolk Village. Rediscover fairy tales! [reached]
- $400 000: Kids Grow Up. All kids, NPC and player’s, will age until the teenage years. Includes additional stories and relationship developments. [reached]
- $500 000: Mod Support. Mod compatibility! Help us figure out the type of mods Coral Island should support. [reached]
- $600 000: Multiplayer. Play with friends! We’ll hire two additional full time devs to implement co-op and up to 4 player online farms in Coral Island. [reached]
- $700 000: Beach & Festival Outfits. We will add bathing suits as Beach Outfits and 1 festival outfit to 20NPCs (all dateables are included) [reached]
- $750 000: M/S/B/C Now Dateable! Millie, Suki, Ben, and Charles join the dateable roster! [reached]
- $850 000: 4 New Characters Added. We make the two more lively by welcoming 4 new residents to Coral Island. Amount of dateable out of this batch TBD. [reached]
- $1 000 000: Merfolk Kingdom. The village becomes a Kingdom, and features a festival. We expand the Merfolk romance and questlines. You’ll meet 20 Merfolk, befriend 10, and may find love with 2 of them. [reached]
- $1 250 000: Island Hopping. Unlock a new biome to explore around Coral Island. Slowly build a ship and travel to different islands for even more stories!
Also, the latest Kickstarter updates are now available:
- Stretch goal: Millie, Suki, Ben and Charles are now dateable UNLOCKED!
- Stretch goal: 4 new characters added UNLOCKED! (ps: open for a surprise!)
- Meet the dateables (3/4)
- Stretch goal: Merfolk Kingdom UNLOCKED!
Coral Island (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Phantom Breaker: Omnia
Here’s the latest set of soundtrack samples for Phantom Breaker: Omnia:
Phantom Breaker: Omnia (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!