Today, Image & Form uploaded the latest episode of The Engine Room, their webshow about all things SteamWorld. As you might have expected, this one is all about the Wii U version of SteamWorld Heist!
First, they confirm the release date:
- Europe: September 30th (stand-alone on the Nintendo eShop, and as part of the SteamWorld Collection at retail. “The Outsider” DLC included in retail collection)
- North America: October (stand-alone on the Nintendo eShop, and as part of the SteamWorld Collection at retail. “The Outsider” DLC included in retail collection)
As for the price of the stand-alone version on the Nintendo eShop, it’s as follows:
- Europe: 19.99€, with a launch discount, but also with a special loyalty discount if you own SteamWorld Dig (Wii U or Nintendo 3DS) or SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)
- North America: $19.99, with a special introductory price.
In the video, they also explain why it took so long for SteamWorld Heist to show up on Wii U, and why the GamePad is the perfect fit for the game (map, Off-TV, etc.). They also talk about Nintendo publishing their games, and what it means to them.
As for the hat DLC…
- Wii U: available at launch
- Nintendo 3DS: coming later
There’s also the usual Q&A corner, where they answer various questions, but they don’t reveal anything major. That being said, they do confirm that their next project will be a SteamWorld game. Oh, and don’t watch till the end for a giveaway!
In the next episode, they will unbox some of the goodies they’ve received from fans.
Finally, here’s the launch trailer for SteamWorld Heist on Wii U (in 60FPS, so make sure you pick either 720p or 1080p):