A few days ago, Image & Form held an AMA session over at Reddit: you can check out this post for a recap of the most important and/or interesting questions of the lot. Alternatively, you can also check out the latest episode of The Engine Room, where Julius and Robert (Lead Designer of SteamWorld Dig 2) answer plenty of questions from that AMA.
Here’s the episode:
And here’s the list of questions answered in this episode:
- Question 1: Release date?
- Question 2: Physical release?
- Question 3: Any chance we will see SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist on Switch?
- Question 4: Will there be a demo version?
- Question 5: What does your game offer that I haven’t experienced a thousand times before?
- Question 6: Will SteamWorld Dig 2 have HD Rumble support?
- Question 7: Will SteamWorld Dig 2 have more bosses?
- Question 8: How big is SteamWorld Dig 2 compared to the first one?
- Question 9: How long has SteamWorld Dig 2 been in development?
- Question 10: What kind of engine are you using to make your games?
- Question 11: Will you be making a soundtrack available for this game?
- Question 12: How does Nintendo treat you as indie developers?
- Question 13: What kind of games and experiences did you draw your inspiration from when making SteamWorld Dig and its sequel?
- Question 14: How hard is it to work with the Nintendo Switch devkit?
- Question 15: Do you think the Nintendo Switch will do better in terms of third-party compared to Wii and Wii U?
- Question 16: How long does it take for a game to be submitted to Nintendo and its release?
- Question 17: Is Nintendo funding development for SteamWorld Dig 2, and if not, what would you say was the biggest factor leading to your choice to debut the game on the Nintendo Switch?
- Question 18: What is your favorite new feature, or improvement over the first game?
- Question 19: Any advice for an aspiring game designer?
- Question 20: What’s your favorite indie game?
- Question 21: If you had to chose one SteamWorld game, which one would it be?
- Question 22: Will there ben an ambassador program just like for SteamWorld Heist?
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Switch – eShop) will be released this Summer in Europe and North America.