The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the games that Nintendo chose to showcase the Nintendo Switch in the reveal trailer. But shortly after, Bethesda announced that it was not yet confirmed that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim would be released on Nintendo’s new home console, though this was obviously just a formality.
Yesterday, it was finally confirmed that the game would indeed be released on the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, if you were expecting it to be one of the launch titles, brace yourself for disappointment, because it will not be released before… this autumn (or Spring, if you live in the southern hemisphere). It’s not clear whether Skyrim will be a full-price release, but it’s quite likely.
Here’s the synopsis, for those of you who are still unfamiliar with Skyrim:
Dragons long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel and the future of the Empire hands in the balance. As Dragonborn, the prophesized hero born with the power of The Voice, you are the only one who can stand amongst them.
And here’s the main features:
- Epic Fantasy Reborn.
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the gameplay and technology of a virtual world to new heights.
- Live another life, in another world.
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling, and adventure of The Elder Scrolls is realized like never before.
- Stunning Graphics and Immersive Gameplay
- Skyrim’s game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields, and ancient dungeons.
- You Are What You Play.
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The new character system allows you to play any way you want and define yourself through your actions.
- Dragons Return.
- Battle ancient dragons like you’ve never seen. As Dragonborn, learn their secrets and harness their power for yourself.
Unfortunately, we do not have a trailer or even some screenshots yet…
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Switch) will be released this Autumn worldwide.