Today, Bandai-Namco revealed Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters, a cross-media project for the Digimon series, which is clearly aimed at kids. There will be an anime series, but also various games (including two for the Nintendo 3DS, one for Arcade, and more), toys, and more.
- Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters – Cyber Arena (Nintendo eShop): you scan the QR code on the Appli Monsters (appmon) chips, and then battle with them. It will launch this Fall in Japan. Check out the video after the break for some footage;
- Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (retail): a full-fledged game. Unfortunately, we know absolutely nothing about it, and we don’t even have a tentative release window.
Here’s a trailer for the Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters anime series by Toei Animation, which will debut in October on TV Tokyo:
Here’s some of the staff and cast for the series:
- Haru Shinkai (voiced by Yumi Uchiyama)
- Gacchimon (voiced by Kokoro Kikuchi)
- Appli Drive (voiced by Wataru Takagi)
- Gou Koga: Director
- Yoichi Kato: series scripts supervisor
- Kenichi Ohnuki: chara-designer
Head after the break for the rest of this post!
And besides the games and the anime series, there will also be some toys, such as:
- Appmon chips (October): they feature various monsters. You will be able to scan them with your smartphone in order to complete missions;
- Appli Drive (October): a toy you use the Appmon chips with;
- Appmon Pairing Cover Set (October): 2 Appmon Chips + cover for the Appmon Drive
- Appmon Band (October)
- Appmon 7code Pad (November)
- Appliarise Action Figures: figures of the various monsters
Here’s a trailer showcasing those toys, but also the game for the Nintendo eShop of the Nintendo 3DS:
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters – Cyber Arena (3DS eShop) will be released this fall in Japan.
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (3DS) does not have a release date/window. Both games have been added to our Upcoming Releases list!