Back in July, Digger Dan DX was pulled from the Nintendo eShop following a takedown notice from First Star Software. Fortunately, Four Horses (the developers) managed to reach an agreement with First Star Software, and so the game is making its way back to the Nintendo eShop. It will be available from 3PM CEST / 2PM BST in Europe, and 9AM PST / 12PM EST in North America.
Even better: it’s also bringing an update and a contest along! About the update, it adds 25 brand new caves (which are said to be quite challenging). Naturally, it’s available completely for free!
About the contest, it’s pretty simple (on the paper, at least!): to participate, all you have to do is earn a gold star in all 125 levels of the game. What’s there to win, you ask? Well… money. Real money! The winner of that little contest will get £250 (or equivalent).
Here’s the rules:
- The competition is open to anyone who has purchased a copy of Digger Dan DX. Owners of copies downloaded from promotional codes and friends and family of Four Horses staff are excluded.
- The first email we receive which shows that all 125 gold stars have been earned will be eligible for the prize. Additional photographs will be requested for further verification of the validity of the claim.
- If the first valid claimant is from the UK, the prize will be a cheque for £250.
- If the first valid claimant is from outside the UK, the prize will be £250 minus money transfer and currency conversion fees converted into the winner’s local currency.
- The prize will be sent out within 28 days after the winner has been notified that their claim is accepted as valid.
- Four Horses decisions on the validity of claims are final.
For more details on how to enter, click here!