Today’s Daily news: latest trailer for Wingspan, but also…
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Pokémon Trading Card Game
- The Play! Pokémon Podcast
- Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Masters EX
Here’s the latest trailer for Wingspan, along with some more details and the list of key features:
Build your very own bird reserve, either alone or while competing with up to five friends. Plan the settlement strategy, the population size and diversity, or even the number of eggs the birds in your reserve will be laying. Learn a fact or two about your feathered friends’ habits, but most importantly, sit back and relax while you enjoy this soothing gameplay experience.
Wingspan is a relaxing award-winning strategy card game about birds for 1 to 5 players. In this exciting adventure, become the keeper of a nature reserve that’s a shelter for many bird species. Each bird you play can build a chain of powerful combinations in one of your three habitats – forest, wetland, and grassland. Every habitat focuses on a key aspect of growing your reserves.
- Discover and attract the best birds in this relaxing strategy card game.
- Play single-player or compete with your friends in a multiplayer mode for up to five players.
- Based on an award-winning, competitive, card-driven board game.
- Find hundreds of unique, animated birds with real-life audio recordings.
- Learn the many ways of accumulating points with birds, bonus cards, and end-of-round goals.
Wingspan (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Monster Couch PR
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Ranked Battle Series 6 is now live Pokémon Sword and Shield, and runs until October 31st. Check out this page for all you need to know (rules, eligible Pokémon, etc.)!
Pokémon Trading Card Game
The Pokémon Company have shared an official interview with Atsushi Nagashima, Director of the Pokémon Trading Card Game, about the recently released Darkness Ablaze expansion for the Pokémon Sword and Shield TCG.
Here’s an excerpt:
How do you decide which cards get to be Pokémon VMAX? (They don’t seem to always correlate to Gigantamax Pokémon from the video games.)
Mr. Nagashima: Often we make that choice based on questions such as: what will be most interesting for the metagame, what sort of worldview do we want to express with that series, and what Pokémon types do we want to feature in the product in question. We also actively look for Pokémon that might not have gotten full attention in the video game but can be put to good use as a card and really shine.
Click here to check out the full interview!
The Play! Pokémon Podcast
Here’s the latest episode of the The Play! Pokémon Podcast:
It’s the most epic episode of The Play! Pokémon Podcast yet! In Episode 4, Jay and the Ace Trainers get to know the champions of the Players Cup a little bit better with some interviews. Santino Tarquinio and Kay get vocal about VGC, Jack Millar joins Mia to talk TCG, and Shadowcat and Brendan grapple with the big questions for Pokkén Tournament DX. But there’s more: we go in-depth on our coverage of the TCG finals, and the Question of the Week causes our usually sweet Ace Trainers to get a little spicy… Enjoy!
This episode is also available on the usual platforms:
- Apple Podcasts
- Pocket Casts
- Google Podcasts
Niantic have shared some more details about the next Community Day in Pokémon GO, which takes place on September 20th (11AM to 5PM local time) and features Porygon:
- Porygon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Porygon2 (the evolved form of Porygon) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack. This will be the first time this attack will be available in Pokémon GO. In Trainer Battles, Tri Attack has a chance of lowering the opposing Pokémon’s Attack and Defense.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase September Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Fast TM, three Incense, six Lucky Eggs, and 30 Ultra Balls.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon. Work alongside Professor Willow as he learns all about Porygon—a Pokémon made completely out of programming code—and its subsequent Evolutions. Stay tuned for when tickets for the Decoding Porygon Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
And ahead of the Community Day, there will be opportunities for you to get items to evolve both Pokémon:
- During the Mega Battle Challenge event week from Friday, September 11, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, September 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, all Trainers can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing the event’s Timed Research.
- On September 20, all Trainers can earn up to three Upgrades and three Sinnoh Stones by completing Timed Research tasks.
- Trainers who purchase a ticket for the September Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Decoding Porygon, can earn an Upgrade and a Sinnoh Stone by completing that Special Research.
Pokémon Masters EX
Here’s the latest promo video for Pokémon Masters EX: