Today’s Daily news: latest trailer for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, but also…
- Reina & Jericho
- Jump Force Deluxe Edition
- Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
SEGA have shared the latest trailer for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2:
They have also shared details about a new game mode called Skill Battle:
In Skill Battle mode, players will create teams of three from selectable characters in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris gameplay settings and use their unique skills to create the ultimate lineup.
Each character starts out with a single specialty and learns more powerful skills as you play with them. Selecting characters with complementary skills becomes a key strategy for winning a Skill Battle match. As you play, you’ll pop Puyos and clear Lines, sending Garbage Puyos and Blocks to the other player’s board. When the Garbage falls, your opponent loses HP. If their HP hits 0, you win!!
- Character Skills: Leverage powerful character skills to change the landscape of any Skill Battle match, from recovering HP to changing the color of Puyos to erasing Lines, and more.
- Level Up: Increase your character’s HP, MP, Attack, Defense, and Recovery by playing through the game’s Adventure mode.
- Item Cards: Power up your team with Item Cards to improve your character stats, with exclusive offerings tied to the game’s Launch Edition.
And that’s not all: we also get some details about online features!
Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® 2 offers fun for all types of players, including Leagues for experienced gamers and a Free Play mode for fun and casual gameplay.
Building onto Puzzle League from the previous game, three additional Leagues have been added: Tetris League, Puyo Puyo League, and Skill Battle League. These Leagues provide a competitive space where you can match your strategy and talents against other pros and see how you rank amongst the world’s best. Free Play, brought over from Puyo Puyo™ Tetris®, lets you play at a more casual pace with any ruleset and without the pressure of rankings.
- Puzzle Leagues: Looking for a challenge? Puzzle League offers you specialized platforms for high-level competition: Puzzle League (free choice of Puyo Puyo or Tetris), Tetris League, Puyo Puyo League and Skill Battle League.
- Free Play: Fans of a more casual experience will enjoy Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® 2’s Free Play online modes. Play with up to four players across Versus, Skill Battle, Swap, Fusion, Party and Big Bang modes, with customizable match settings. Create a room and invite your friends to play!
- Challenge Rank: You can share and compare scores with players around the world for various Challenge Modes, including Endless Fever, Endless Puyo, Tiny Puyo, Sprint, Marathon, and Ultra. Leaderboards will let you show off your own top score and you’ll be able to take stock of the competition.
Next, here’s the latest set of screenshots:
Also, SEGA have announced that the game is to get a Launch Edition, which includes the base game and a set of 8 item cards (including 3 Sonic the Hedgehog cards).
Finally, SEGA have announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 will get additional features, characters, and more, after launch.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Switch) comes out on December 8th in Europe and North America, and December 10th in Japan.
Source: SEGA PR
Reina & Jericho
Reclamation Games have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Reina & Jericho, a time traveling Metroidvania. It will be released on Q2 2021 in Europe and North America. It will cost $19.99, and will be playable in English.
Here’s a trailer, some details, and some screenshots:
Driven by revenge, love, and loss, Reina emerges from the ruins of a crumbling nation to rescue Jericho. Without power, status, or money, Reina must challenge a dangerous despot seeking to secure his reign of terror with a coveted ancient artifact that manipulates cause and effect. Jericho’s life is on the line, and Reina must fight her way through a mysterious fortress where she will face her greatest fears over and over again.
Fight for the future as Reina and Jericho’s young heroine, then double back to the past to right any wrongs. Gather new power-ups that synergize with one another to enhance Reina’s fighting ability, and unravel the traps laid out against Reina to create the perfect chain of cause and effect. Slice through enemies as Reina faces off against bosses wielding supernatural artifacts and the well-armed henchmen of a failing state.
Multiple endings leave Jericho’s fate in the player’s hands. Through Reina’s regret and rage, evaluate what paths lead to dead ends before revisiting the past to start another. Unravel the mystery of Jericho’s disappearance, learn who to trust along the way, and discover who can be saved and who must die for Jericho to be saved.
Three ways to adventure provide endless replayability as Reina and Jericho features a gripping Story Mode, a specialized Speedrun mode, and a built-in Randomizer option that scrambles rooms, items and beyond to create a unique adventure every time. An emotive soundtrack featuring touching live recordings paints the painful tale of Reina and Jericho, highlighted by stylized environments, intense gameplay, and a story that transcends time.
Reina & Jericho (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q2 2021 in Europe and North America.
Source: Reclamation Games PR
Hypetrain Digital have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Deathstick, a 2D pixel art metroidvania/slasher platformer developed by TeamNora Games.
Here’s a teaser trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
DeathStick is a beautiful 2D pixel art metroidvania/slasher platformer, where you follow a young girl Mako that starts an enthralling journey to save her world from destruction.
The ancient God has been dormant for many ages. All this time, two dimensions of the magical world of Aarkalia co-existed in balance. But one day, everything will change – the endless power of ancient God will be brought upon the Aarkalia to turn it into ashes. Only the young girl Mako can stop the dark ritual from happening.
Embark on this fascinating adventure, uncover its mysteries and help Mako discover her true destiny! DeathStick has a unique world-switching mechanic: a World Warp ability turns the special in-game areas 180 degrees, transfers the protagonist into another dimension and unlocks new locations.
Apart from the world-switching mechanic that helps players to navigate through the in-game world, great emphasis in DeathStick is placed on combat. The core element of the combat system are various combos. The hero can fight enemies on the ground, toss them up and continue to battle in mid-air. Equipped with a quarterstaff and a hand fan Mako can perform melee and ranged style attacks, providing players with space for experiments.
- Fight like an assassin! Slasher fighting mechanics with combos.
- Don’t get lost! Explore the world of Aarkalia in two different dimensions.
- Defend against evil forces! Challenge dozens of unique enemies and furious bosses through your adventure.
- Become a master! Evolve and change your playstyle by obtaining a wide range of unique abilities and special attacks.
- Look into it! Charming pixel-art aesthetics combined with smooth animations.
- Find your path! Solve the mystery of the Great Mirror through multiple endings.
Deathstick (Switch – eShop) comes out in Q3 2022 in Europe and North America.
Source: HypeTrain Digital PR
Jump Force Deluxe Edition
Here’s another trailer for Meruem and Hiei in Jump Force Deluxe Edition:
Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary
Here’s another commercial for the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary:
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!