Daily news (July 9, Round 4) – Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions / Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed
Today’s Daily news: latest video for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, but also…
- Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed
- Tin & Kuna
- Monster Truck Championship
- Gunpei Yokoi X shmuplations
- My Baby
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions
Here’s the latest video for Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, introducing the Italy Junior Youth team:
A team that is said to have the best defence in this championship, symbolised by goalkeeper Hernandez. This team aims to stand on top of the world by enhancing the long-established ‘counterattack football’, adding new members to support the offence, which tended to be insufficient.
- Leonardo Rusciano – A forward for the Italian Junior Youth team. His personality is a bit problematic, but he has great offensive talent. He can counterattack single-handedly.
- Gino Hernandez – A goalkeeper and the captain of the Italian Junior Youth team. He is a ‘Perfect Keeper’ who let in no goals for an entire year by blocking opponent shots with his ‘Golden Right Hand’.
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Switch) comes out on August 27th in Japan, and August 28th in Europe and North America.
Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed
Outright Games have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed. It will be released on October 16th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a teaser trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some pictures (screenshots + boxart):
In Zoids WIld: Blast Unleashed players will let loose the wild mecha power and animal instincts of Zoids, in breathtaking, head-to-head battles against friends or in a new single player Zoids story that follows the war between Arashi’s Team Freedom and the power-hungry Team Dark Metal.
- Go head to head – Compete in 1vs1 mecha battles with breathtaking 3D combat Enter the Zoids universe
- Play as a large cast of Zoids characters with faithful visuals New story
- Join the war between factions and discover a new Zoids sub-species 2-player action
- Test your skills against other players Simple controls
- Easily chain moves and devastate opponents with your Final Blast
Zoids Wild: Blast Unleashed (Switch) comes out on October 16th in Europe and North America.
Source: Outright Games PR
Tin & Kuna
Numskull Games have announced that they will release Tin & Kuna in Europe this Fall, where it will be available at retail (34.99€ / £29.99) and on the Nintendo eShop (21.99€ / £19.99).
Here’s the latest trailer, along with some details, the list of key features, and some pictures (screenshots + boxart):
Best friends Tin and Kuna are messing around one day when they discover a mysterious orb. Kuna accidently cracks it open—oops!—unleashing evil spirts who take possession of poor Tin. Kuna will need all his speed and skill to rescue Tin, and together they must rebuild the orb and contain the chaos terrorizing their tiny planetoid.
- Fight the evil powers of Chaos! – Roll, jump and manoeuvre your buddy through 40 levels across four different biomes while avoiding nasty traps.
- Explore the World – Tin and Kuna’s magical worlds contain secrets and hidden treasures in each level for adventurous players to discover.
- Shiny! – Take advantage of crystal powers to gain strength, defeat traps and solve puzzles.
- Better Together! – Restore balance to the world through the magic of friendship.
Tin & Kuna (Switch) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America.
Source: Numskull Games PR
Monster Truck Championship
Here’s the latest video for Monster Truck Championship:
And here’s some more details for the game, along with the list of key features:
Monster Truck Championship is a unique simulation where players climb aboard a giant truck to take part in various competitions. Taking a realistic approach to driving rather than an arcade-game style, Monster Truck Championship gives players the chance to pull off believable aerial and ground moves by learning the unique physics of these vehicles.
Monster Truck Championship features five major types of challenge: Race, where you try to finish in first place after completing a certain number of laps against eight other drivers; Time-Trial, in which you try to set new time records; Drag Races, where you compete against one other driver on a small section of the track; Freestyle, in which you try to perform as many spectacular tricks as possible; and Destruction, which rewards you for destroying every obstacle you can!
For deeper immersion, you can use the cockpit camera and experience the exhilarating feeling of driving high above the track. During tricks, the camera is placed so you can admire your moves at the best angle, and you sometimes get slow motion for an even more impressive view!
- 25 circuits in different cities across the United States
- 16 customisable trucks to make each one visually unique
- Realistic handling and physics, including independent front- and rear-wheel control, and adjustment of different mechanical elements, such as suspensions, gearbox and engine
- An online mode for up to 8 players in monster-sized races
- A Career mode where you must manage the vehicle, sponsors and technicians to improve your performances and earnings
Monster Truck Championship (Switch) does not have a release date yet.
Source: Nacon PR
Gunpei Yokoi X shmuplations
The latest translation from shmuplations is not an interview, but an essay written by Gunpei Yokoi himself. It’s about the creation of the Game & Watch. Click here to check it out!
In this essay from the book Gunpei Yokoi’s Game Museum, the late toy and game designer Gunpei Yokoi recounts the creation and success of the Game & Watch, Nintendo’s handheld LCD game line that saw almost 60 variants across eleven years and sold well over 40 million overall units worldwide. While the technology and sensibility of the Game & Watch has been relegated to antiquity, Nintendo continues to reference and pay homage to the Game & Watch to this day, with the LCD-esque amalgam character Mr. Game & Watch being perhaps their most prominent and enduring tribute to their beloved toy.
Here’s the launch trailer for My Baby, now available in Europe and North America:
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!