Today’s Nintendo eShop news: Miner Meltdown announced for the Nintendo Switch, but also…
- Boomerang Fu
- Linn: Path of Orchards
- Legends of Ethernal
- Double Gold Points Fest (Europe)
Ultimas have announced that they are bringing Miner Meltdown, a 2-D Team-Based Competitive Multiplayer, to the Nintendo Switch this Summer.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots for the game:
In Miner Meltdown, 4v4 teams will scour random maps for gold while attempting to blow up the opposing team and earn the most points to win the match. With a focus on fast-paced gameplay, players in Miner Meltdown can utilize jetpacks, ropes, and grapples to get around as they delve through the map for gold to upgrade their gear. By earning more gold than their opposition, players will be able to buy better weapons and gadgets, giving them more firepower to explode their enemies. Each defeat of an enemy player will earn the player’s team points, bringing them closer to victory.
Featuring completely destructible environments, players will carve their own path through each map while also surviving the random environmental pitfalls and traps along the way. The enemy team and environment aren’t the only obstacles players will face; various monsters will threaten their mining as they explode and hunt their way through the map earning points for every kill to get the edge on the enemy team. Players will be able to play online with friends or solo against AI as well as battle it out in deathmatch, crazy-king, and diamond dash game modes.
- 4 vs 4 online multiplayer.
- Randomly generated and 100% destructible terrain.
- Over 20 unique weapons and gadgets to choose from.
- Fast-paced gameplay using ropes, jetpacks, and grapples to traverse the map with ease.
- Play solo against AI.
- Deathmatch, Crazy King, and Diamond Dash modes.
- Unlockable skins.
- Tons of thrust-dancing.
Miner Meltdown (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Source: Ultimas PR
Humble Games (the publishing arm of Humble Bundle) have announced their latest game for the Nintendo Switch: Carto, an adventure game developed by Sunhead Games. It will be released this Fall in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Carto is a chill adventure game wrapped around a unique, world-shifting puzzle mechanic. Use this power to explore mysterious lands, help a quirky cast of new friends, and guide Carto on her journey home.
Carto (Switch – eShop) comes out this Fall in Europe and North America.
Cranky Watermelon have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Boomerang Fu, a physics party game for up to 6 players. It will be released on August 13th in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
Slice and dice your friends with boomerangs in this action-packed party game, developed by Cranky Watermelon. Join a crew of your favorite foods as you grill, chill and spill your enemies. Discover ridiculous power-ups and stack them together in deadly combinations to become the ultimate Boomerang Fu master.
- Local Multiplayer Chaos – Roast and toast your friends in lightning-fast rounds of cute physics combat for up to 6 players. Perfect for parties!
- Simple Controls – It only takes one stick and three buttons to pulverize your pals. Deflect attacks, recall dropped boomerangs, and curve your throws around corners to become a powerful boomerang assassin.
- Stack Power-ups Together – Get the upper hand with a ridiculous range of powerups like explosive boomerangs, disguises and telekinesis. Then stack your power-ups together to form outrageous combinations!
- Over 30 Arenas – Journey to an edible world as you do battle in over 30 Kung Fu arenas, each filled with unique tools and traps.
- Team Up – Join forces with your buds to take on the ingenious AI opponents. Or squabble over the precious Golden Boomerang in a frantic alternative game mode.
- Change The Rules – Play with only the power-ups you love. Turn off shields. Turn on friendly fire. You change the rules to suit your tastes!
Boomerang Fu (Switch – eShop) comes out on August 13th in Europe and North America.
Linn: Path of Orchards
Carbon Fire Studio have announced that they are bringing Linn: Path of Orchards to the Nintendo Switch. This adventure game will be released this Summer in Europe and North America.
Here’s a trailer and some details:
Step out of your conventional platforming habits and delve into the dynamic and rotating world of Linn, a modern puzzle platformer set in a fantastic and mysterious ancient world. You are in control of Aban, an exotic guardian of nature, on her journey through a lost sky temple. Help Aban on her divine mission to rejuvenate the ancient Tree of Light. Levels consist of treacherous dynamic platforms that make you rethink every move before you press any button. Completing each level needs both timely reactions and logical thinking.
Linn: Path of Orchards (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Europe and North America.
Legends of Ethernal
Here’s the latest set of details and screenshots for Legends of Ethernal:
Legends of Ethernal is a 2D single-player action adventure game where you need to explore beautiful hand-crafted environments, solve clever puzzles and battle challenging creatures to uncover the truth about your parents’ disappearance.
Are you ready for a challenge? Maybe not? Choose the difficulty level that works for you — whether that’s hardcore mode with permadeath or a more relaxed pace. Solve puzzles and unleash your strategies against boss battles in multiple dungeons.
Admire beautiful 2D hand-drawn art covering multiple environments, scaling up to a resolution of 4K on supported platforms. Plus, listen to the wonderfully crafted score, produced and recorded by veteran musician William Gough!
New mechanics unlock as you adventure further – arm yourself for the challenges ahead with weapons and items that you find. Gather ethers and craft items during the course of your journey to help you progress through challenges large and small!
Legends of Ethernal (Switch – eShop) comes out this Fall worldwide.
Double Gold Points Fest (Europe)
Nintendo of Europe have announced a special offer: the Double Gold Points Fest. Starting today, and until August 12th, various Nintendo Switch games will net you twice the usual amount of Gold Coins if you buy them from the Nintendo eShop. This allows you to get up to 10% of the money you paid to buy them! But not all games are available right away: they will be added progressively, with 3 going live every Thursday until July 30th (the offer lasts until August 12th for all games, regardless of when they were added).
Here’s the first 3 games:
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Editition
- Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy – Deluxe Edition
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, Together!
The Upcoming Games page has been updated!