Today’s Daily news: latest news for Yooka-Laylee + Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, but also…
- Air Missions: HIND
Yooka-Laylee + Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Playtonic have made various announcements for Yooka-Laylee and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair:
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is getting a Not So Impossible Lair mode to the Impossible Lair. Basically, it adds a Checkpoint at the end of each section, which saves your best Bee Shield Score. Said checkpoints are entirely optional. If you want to stick to the original Impossible Lair, simply select the Impossible Lair option;
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is getting an 8bit soundtrack (composed by Tater-To Tunes), though only in the 2D levels. It will be accessible from the pause menu. The 8-bit soundtrack will be available on various digital platforms and streaming services (click here for some juicy links!);
- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is getting an update adding both of the aforementioned featured on April 14th!
- Yooka-Laylee is getting the Yooka 64 model from Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for free;
- if you already own Yooka-Laylee on Nintendo Switch, you can get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for 50% off until April 19th.
Here’s some pictures:
Fantastico Studio have announced another game for the Nintendo Switch: Cannibal. It’s actually the 4th chapter of Ruggero Deodato’s Cannibal cycle (a series of cannibal-themed movies), which is going to be a horror graphic adventure game instead of a movie. It will be released in November worldwide.
Here’s a teaser trailer and some details:
On the fortieth anniversary of the release of the cult film “Cannibal Holocaust”, director Ruggero Deodato announces the fourth, highly awaited chapter of his cannibals cycle, with great news: the new episode will not be a movie, but a videogame created in collaboration with Fantastico Studio. Cannibal is an interactive horror graphic adventure with the direction and script of Ruggero Deodato, in which the player will take control of different characters, to reveal, little by little, the background that led them to a desperate expedition to the virgin jungles of Borneo.
The themes are the ones that made the saga popular: natives’ lives, told in its rawness, and cannibalism, powerful metaphors that reveal the most disturbing and deep impulses in our society. However, the formula changes: Cannibal is an interactive horror graphic adventure made with Unity, with the direction and script of Ruggero Deodato, the original drawings of Solo Macello, in which the player will take control of different characters, to reveal, little by little, the background that led them to a desperate expedition to the virgin jungles of Borneo. And of course, get to discover the end of the story, destined to shake from the foundations every certainty acquired during the game.
Cannibal (Switch – eShop) comes out in November worldwide. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Fantastico Studio PR
Air Missions: HIND
Here’s some screenshots for Air Missions: HIND:
Air Missions: HIND (Switch – eShop) comes out this Summer in Japan.
Image & Form have shared a Q&A video, sharing some details about what’s coming for the SteamWorld series in 2020 and beyond: