On this page, you will find all there is to know about the Software updates for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair on Nintendo Switch (originally released on October 8th 2019 in Europe, North America, and Japan)
Click here for more Software updates!
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair – Ver. ???
- Release date: January 30th 2020 (North America, Europe, Japan)
- Patch notes:
• Billboard tutorial signs added to Tutorial and Capital Causeway levels.
- Fixed V-sync issue which changed the behaviour of some physical objects.
- Removed jitter from some 2D objects in 2D levels
- Multiple localisation fixes
- SFX for Quack Bomb explosion & Gun Senior death explosion no longer disregards volume settings from the Pause Menu. BOOM.
- Fixed an issue causing some players to not get achievements when reaching the required criteria.
- Yooka-Laylee will no longer be offset when entering through a door If the player holds left/right on the control stick when loading in.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Steve Mayles from growing an additional 0.00001cm
- Fixed an issue which caused some TWIT coins to not show as collected when dying after passing a Checkmate.
- Section 1 – A saw blade has been fixed after it was discovered a section of it wasn’t correctly cutting into Yooka’s flesh.
- Section 2 – Player will no longer be instantly killed at the top of the winding rope surrounded by propeller minions.
- Section 2 – It’s no longer possible to lose two bees at one of the drop off points in the second 2D level.
- Section 3 – Player can no longer become stuck between two chainsaw objects below the first Gun Senior.
- Section 3 – Player can no longer force themselves between the chainsaw hazards at the start of the section and become stuck.
- Section 3 – Player can no longer get stuck by rolling after a buddy slam in a low section.
- Section 4 – It’s no longer possible to take damage from Capital B’s hive mind after bouncing off of his head
- Game will no longer crash after completing the Impossible Lair multiple times in the same session
- Overworld – Late Mountains – No longer possible for the crate behind the cracked blocks to clip through the wall at the end of the wind volume and become inaccessible.
- Overworld – The movable crate next to a Paywall can no longer get stuck in the air after being pushed over the ledge
- Overworld – Player movement no longer broken when interacting with a circuit piece in the Pumping Plant room
- Overworld – Player movement can no longer be broken when interacting with the movable pipes within the desert.
- Overworld – Movable crate on the ledge to the right of Pumping Plant can no longer get stuck if you push it on top of the fan
- Overworld – It’s no longer possible to go out of bounds (please send help Vendi is making me write patch notes) in the water area that’s originally blocked by the fisherman Blamphibian
- Overworld – Player can no longer use the Bounce-Bloom within Rampo’s cave to get behind the exit trigger.
- Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Checkmate 8 with the ‘More Checkmates’ Tonic will no longer spawn the player off the edge into a potential hazard if they die.
- Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Checkmate 2 with the ‘More Checkmates’ Tonic is no longer using anti-gravity hacks to float above the ground
- Buzzsaw Falls state 2 – Players can no longer get stuck between the wall and crates at the end of state two if they don’t have Laylee.
- Scareship Scroll state 2 – Areas of cliff face no longer lack collision allowing the player to jump out of the world.
- Scareship Scroll state 2 – The lowering crate platform no longer has collision issues.
- Scareship Scroll state 2 – Yooka no longer instantly dies like a noob when he climbs to the top of the ropes near the end of the level.
- Windmill Way state 1 – Certain level object textures no longer appear black during normal gameplay.
- Windmill Way state 1 – TWIT Coin Banker Tonic now correctly applies to the second TWIT coin.
Boom Boom Blast
- Boom Boom Blast state 2 – It’s no longer possible to get stuck in a grapple cannon near the start of the level.
- Boom Boom Blast state 2 – Damage is no longer caused to (are you looking for other funny bits in the notes?) Yooka Laylee by a Meanyion when they are sat in one of the Boom-Bloom Blasts.
- Boom Boom Blast state 2 – Odd behaviour (like dabbing) can no longer be seen when the player in a moving Boom-Bloom reaches an obstacle.
- Boom Boom Blast state 2 – The end of some pipes no longer can be seen under the final Checkmate.
- Pumping Plant state 2 – It’s no longer possible to enter the swim state whilst on land in state two
- Gasping Glade state 1 – It’s no longer possible to get stuck between a wall and some crates.
- Gasping Glade state 2 – It’s no longer possible to go outside of the intended play area during the second zipwire section.
- Factory Fright state 1 – Camera issue fixed.
- Hazard Hangar state 1 – Stacked blocks no longer damage the player.
- Hazard Hangar state 2 – Hyle off of DK Vine no longer falls through the floor when respawning at the third Checkmate.
- Urban Uprise state 2 – Tonics – The spawn point for one of the additional Checkmates in state two is no longer outside of the intended play area
- List of changes:
- adds option to import the save data file from the demo version
- provides various bug fixes
- Additional notes: none
- Source: Playtonic (Twitter)
How to download updates for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for the Nintendo Switch?
To download the updates for Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, you have three options:
- let the console do its thing if you have automatic downloads activated, and didn’t completely turn it off
- try to launch the game from the Home Menu while being connected to the internet. You should get a prompt when doing so: simply follow the instructions on screen;
- select the game > press either + or – to go to the Options page > select Software update > select Via the Internet.
To check that you have the latest version installed, simply select the game on the Home Menu, and press – or + to go to the Options: the version number is displayed just below the game title.