Today’s Daily Briefs: preview pages for the Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics book from Prima, but also…
- Super Mario Run
- Picross 3D
Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics
Along with the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System, Prima Games is going to release a Playing with Power: Nintendo NES Classics book. Last week, the company shared some preview pages, allowing fans to see what it looks like:
Here’s a reminder of the contents of the book:
- Exclusive embossed slipcase holds this hardcover tome in a clever package that resembles a classic NES Game Pak!
- A fascinating retrospective on 17 NES classics—including Super Mario Bros. 3, Donkey Kong, and The Legend of Zelda!
- Interviews and commentary from Nintendo visionaries who pioneered this era of gaming.
- A showcase of vintage advertising and priceless excerpts from Nintendo Power magazine back issues!
- Plus hand-drawn maps, character and game environment art, and much more!
Source: Prima Games
Super Mario Run
Yesterday, it was revealed that Super Mario Run, Nintendo’s second mobile game, was running on Unity, just like Pokémon GO (even though the two are not developed by the same people or companies). A pretty sensible choice, given Unity is a great engine for multiplatform development.
— Unity (@unity3d) November 1, 2016
Picross 3D Round 2
Today, Nintendo shared some gameplay footage and some screenshots for Picross 3D Round 2 (on Nintendo 3DS), releasing on December 2nd in Europe: