CyberConnect2 bringing their “Trilogy of Vengeance” games to the Nintendo Switch
This year, CyberConnect2 are celebrating their 23rd Anniversary, and this week, they revealed the outline for their new strategy, which aims at making CyberConnect2 “a stronger place that will be able to create even more engrossing content in the year to come”.
As part of that strategy, CyberConnect 2 is going to start creating their own, original IP (alongside the commissioned games they develop). To be more precise, the company is planning to begin work on three self-published games, to be released simultaneously worldwide, on digital platforms.
And the reason we’re talking about those games is because today, CyberConnect2 announced that the Nintendo Switch was one of the platforms getting those, referred to as the “Trilogy of Vengeance”. The games are not directly tied to each other, but they do have one common theme: vengeance. They also have 3 concepts in common: “Small-scope/short-period development”, “Short playtime”, and “Low-price”.
Here’s details about the three games:
Fuga (latest entry in the Little Tail Bronx series, that includes Solatorobo: Red Hunter, among others)
- Theme: War x Vengeance x Animals
An action strategy RPG depicting hope and despair.
- Berman Empire: an evil fascist warrior nation. Utilizing advanced technology in its weaponry, it plans to engulf the world with the ravages of war.
- Giant Tank Taranis: an ultra weapon from an ancient civilization wrapped in a myriad of mysteries. Loaded on board is the ultimate weapon, the Soul Cannon, capable of being activated by sacrificing a crew member’s life. The Taranis is a weapon of tremendous power but at the same time a source of dread and fear for our young heroes.
- 11 Children: the lone survivors of an attack on their village. Now they head out in a gigantic tank to rescue their families who have been taken as prisoners by the Empire.
Tokyo Ogre Gate
- Theme: Schoolgirl x Vengeance x Steampunk
Cut down evil in the ogre capital. High speed parkour style slashing action!
- Heroine – Towako Mutsu: losing her friends and suffering a deadly wound from the Kubizuka incident, Towako narrowly escaped death by transplanting a heart created by unknown technology known as the Ogre Engine. Towako now sets out on her quest and vows to take revenge against Genshu Kubizuka.
- Nemesis – Genshu Kubizuka: the man who betrayed Japan and the nemesis who rose in revolt against the world. Summoning Ogre Gates that connect this world to hell, he intends to obtain a fantastic and sinister power, Hakumen Konmo, exceeding that of nuclear weaponry.
- The battle takes stage in Tokyo! Due to the plot of Kubizuka, Ogre Gates appear one after another in the imperial capital Tokyo, transforming it into a city swarmed by hideous evil. Towako now traverses the city with the Ogre Engine firmly in her chest and revenge in her heart.
- Theme: Gothic Lolitas x Vengeance x Witches
An exciting new tale depicting a crazy world, the scramble for the witches’ hearts! 2.5D side-scrolling ultra fun witch action!
One night, when the moon is full, four sisters enjoying a carefree life are summoned to an old castle by their mother. Waiting for them is a “ceremony” which will turn them into witches. Due to the ulterior motives of their mother, the four sisters are stripped of what they cherish most.
- Heroine, Fourth-born – Cecile: now mute, she heads fiercely towards her mother to enact her revenge having had her beloved singing voice snatched away.
- Third-born – Carla: with the loss of her feminine and voluptuous adult body, she is doomed to live for eternity as a child who will never mature.
- Second-born – Rozelia: her love was dance, but her mesmerizingly masterful and prodigious gifts were stolen from her, when oth her legs were claimed.
- First-born – Aristel: losing her beloved husband, the king, her eternal life is doomed to that of a sinner.
Transform your umbrella into all kinds of shapes and unleash hell on your enemies!
- Bathe in elegant free flowing slashing action as you use your sword infused umbrella and magical powered weapons!
- Experience the dual-weapon mode using your sword and umbrella! Dice your enemies and bring about certain death with your overwhelming speed!
- Invoke special actions utilizing a variety of shape transformations with your umbrella! Send forth 8 fangs from your umbrella towards all your enemies, and unleash blooming flowers of doom!
In order to develop those games, CyberConnect2 has launched a mass recruitment campaign. The thing is, development is yet to begin, but the games were ‘revealed’ ahead of time in order to attract potential developers. You can find more details about that on this page!
Fuga, Tokyo Ogre Gate, and Cecile (Switch – eShop) do not have a release date yet (their development hasn’t even begun yet!), but they’ve already been added to the Upcoming Games page!
Thanks sinonobu for the heads up!