Chrono Faction is now live on Kickstarter! The developers are hoping to raise at least £35 000 / 41 301€.
Mojo Bones have announced a game for the Nintendo Switch: Chrono Faction, a roguelike deckbuilder said to blur the lines between strategy and action. It does not have a release window yet, but it’s getting a Kickstarter campaign pretty soon (click here to check out the pre-launch page).
Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots:
CHRONO FACTION takes the CCG (Collectable Card Game) genre in a bold new direction with its dynamic track-based battlefield where tactile mechanics meet turn-based card battling. Use the CARD PHASE to carefully plan and synergise your attacks, then draw your weapons and watch the battle play-out in real-time during the action-packed COMBAT PHASE.
- FROM BEGINNER TO WINNER – CHRONO FACTION’S rules can be learned in minutes, opening the doors for players of all ages and skill levels. Strong customisation and a complex meta provide long-term depth, making it much harder to master.
- ENDLESS CHOICE – Design your own COMBAT CASE from over 140 CARDS (across 5 categories), 20 GUNS (with stat modifiers) and over 25 CHARMS (each with battle-altering perks), then test your choices via CHRONO FACTION’S main game modes.
- CITY RUN – A deep Roguelike single-player mode where you’ll build your collection, make key decisions and battle across 5 procedurally generated Districts. Will you survive the elusive SHADOW DISTRICT and conquer the city?
- CITY WAR – A competitive online multiplayer experience where you’ll test your COMBAT CASE against other players from across the globe. Can you raise your BOUNTY high enough to become the city’s most wanted?
- WAYS TO PLAY – Casual and competitive multiplayer. Battle online or utilise CHRONO FACTION’S unique design to fight locally.
Chrono Faction (Switch – eShop) does not have a release date yet.