Sketchy Logic have announced that Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition is going to ruffle the feathers of many a court drama fan on Nintendo Switch this January (on January 30th, to be precise). This version of the game will cost $19.99, and was developed by Vertical Reach, who came up with quite a few improvements:
- Beautifully re-scanned, re-edited, and re-drawn art to make the graphics the best they can possibly be. These beaks have never looked so sharp!
- Earn medals to show everyone you’re the fanciest bird around.
- Visit the art gallery and see the characters in their natural habitats!
- Try the jukebox! Listen to the whole soundtrack in its 19th century glory!
- A new, dyslexic-friendly font and further accessibility improvements.
Never heard of Aviary Attorney before? Here’s a trailer, some details, the list of key features, and some screenshots to get you up to speed:
Aviary Attorney is a dramatic and bizarre lawyering adventure game set in 19th century Paris. Through the role of Jayjay Falcon, bird-brained defense attorney, the player must travel around the city, interviewing animal witnesses and collecting evidence to prove their client’s innocence. In court, scrutinizing witness testimonies and presenting the right evidence is key to securing a Not Guilty verdict. Aviary Attorney has a unique aesthetic thanks to the use of genuine 19th century lithographs for the character art and backgrounds and French romantic-era music for the soundtrack. The game also includes unique time mechanics, a myriad of Parisian landmarks to explore, and decisions that resonate through the whole story.
- Unique time mechanics. Falcon only has a few days before each trial, so every decision counts! Careless moves may cost the player vital pieces of evidence.
- Four connected chapters of talon-biting intrigue and suspense.
- Three fully fleshed-out endings. Decisions have consequences!
- A detailed overworld map of Paris with a myriad of famous landmarks to be explored. Knock on the doors of Notre-Dame! Loot the Louvre!
- Dozens of colorful NPCs to interact with, from a café-running dodo to a pedantic librarian donkey.
- Authentic 19th century character art provided by revered French caricaturist J. J. Grandville.
- A beautiful soundtrack composed by famous romantic-era composers such as Camille Saint-Saëns, Hector Berlioz, and Frédéric Chopin.
Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition (Switch – eShop) comes out on January 30th in Europe and North America. The Upcoming Games page has been updated!
Source: Sketchy Logic PR